Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By karrybird
Waterboyr wrote:Okay, but honestly, gen 5 felt non-pokemon to me.
First off, snivy is so much like treecko, oshawott is like piplup, but tepig is a good design I guess. It's not like the worst thing in the world, it's just, to me, not as good as the other gens. You see, since people argue about the garbage pokemon, people tell me muk and grimer are bad. But they are sewer pokemon, basically. It makes since. But pokemon that are literally made of garbage bags is unoriginal. And ice cream. And chandeliers and candles. And lots of the designs felt like a different Japanese monster thing. It was all different. So, yes it had some good things. And I know I didn't list very bad things, (But I haven't played White, like, forever) but it just wasn't good as the others.

But X and Y were to please the old fans, which worked for many, introduce the old pokemon to the newer fans, which will allow more remakes to be successful, introduce fairy which will make up for putting in the old pokemon, and putting in designs that to me seemed to fit into gens 3-5. This was smart because it won back many fans and possibly made them like the new gens because their old pokemon were in them so as long as they got to use them, they wouldn't complain about the new pokemon. It also introduced many new features. So Gen 5 seemed like a test to me, and they fixed it in Gen 6.

reading this gave me an anuerism.
the only thing snivy and treecko have in common is that they are both grass type reptiles. EVERY GEN UP UNTIL 6 HAS HAD A GRASS TYPE REPTILE. snivy is a snake, treecko is a gecko. their designs are completely different from each other.
and my god, i can't believe you compared oshawott and piplup. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS. how, i ask. how in the world are they even remotely similar? they both are based on animals that live both in and out of water?

and are you seriously going to say muk and grimer are more creative than trubbish??? they're just piles of fricken sludge! how the hell does living sludge make more sense than living garbage? it's pretty much the same exact thing just in a different form.

there are pokemon from almost every gen that are based around the same japanese myth of ghosts inhabiting inanimate objects. banette, drifloon, klefki, honedge, why pick on litwik and not the others? it's a very original concept.

i personally hated that they focused more on the old pokemon in x and y, it's a new generation, i want to see the NEW pokemon. and because they wanted to tend to the whiney little genwunners needs, there was a severe lack in new pokemon. the after game was also pretty much nonexistant. there was a grand total of one town to visit after beating the elite 4 and then something with looker. all of which could be completed in a span of two hours maybe? if i didn't focus on team building now, i would have stopped playing a long time ago.
there are a lot of really good things that have been added, don't get me wrong. i just don't think they were ultimately better games since i enjoyed them just as much as gen 5.

By Waterboyr
karrybird wrote:
First off, snivy is so much like treecko, oshawott is like piplup, but tepig is a good design I guess. It's not like the worst thing in the world, it's just, to me, not as good as the other gens. You see, since people argue about the garbage pokemon, people tell me muk and grimer are bad. But they are sewer pokemon, basically. It makes since. But pokemon that are literally made of garbage bags is unoriginal. And ice cream. And chandeliers and candles. And lots of the designs felt like a different Japanese monster thing. It was all different. So, yes it had some good things. And I know I didn't list very bad things, (But I haven't played White, like, forever) but it just wasn't good as the others.

But X and Y were to please the old fans, which worked for many, introduce the old pokemon to the newer fans, which will allow more remakes to be successful, introduce fairy which will make up for putting in the old pokemon, and putting in designs that to me seemed to fit into gens 3-5. This was smart because it won back many fans and possibly made them like the new gens because their old pokemon were in them so as long as they got to use them, they wouldn't complain about the new pokemon. It also introduced many new features. So Gen 5 seemed like a test to me, and they fixed it in Gen 6.

the only thing snivy and treecko have in common is that they are both grass type reptiles. EVERY GEN UP UNTIL 6 HAS HAD A GRASS TYPE REPTILE. snivy is a snake, treecko is a gecko. their designs are completely different from each other.
and my god, i can't believe you compared oshawott and piplup. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS. how, i ask. how in the world are they even remotely similar? they both are based on animals that live both in and out of water?

and are you seriously going to say muk and grimer are more creative than trubbish??? they're just piles of fricken sludge! how the hell does living sludge make more sense than living garbage? it's pretty much the same exact thing just in a different form.

there are pokemon from almost every gen that are based around the same japanese myth of ghosts inhabiting inanimate objects. banette, drifloon, klefki, honedge, why pick on litwik and not the others? it's a very original concept.

i personally hated that they focused more on the old pokemon in x and y, it's a new generation, i want to see the NEW pokemon. and because they wanted to tend to the whiney little genwunners needs, there was a severe lack in new pokemon. the after game was also pretty much nonexistant. there was a grand total of one town to visit after beating the elite 4 and then something with looker. all of which could be completed in a span of two hours maybe? if i didn't focus on team building now, i would have stopped playing a long time ago.
there are a lot of really good things that have been added, don't get me wrong. i just don't think they were ultimately better games since i enjoyed them just as much as gen 5.

First off, if you read my comment, they didn't want it to be a new region in the way of new pokemon. They were smart for business reasons. They added a new type, mega evolutions, and you could get two starters. This all let you be introduced to the new while being reintroduced to the old. It was smart. They can make even more games now. And I don't hate gen 5, I just don't love it.
But seriously lets not get into this conversation...
By karrybird
Waterboyr wrote:
karrybird wrote:

First off, if you read my comment, they didn't want it to be a new region in the way of new pokemon. They were smart for business reasons. They added a new type, mega evolutions, and you could get two starters. This all let you be introduced to the new while being reintroduced to the old. It was smart. They can make even more games now. And I don't hate gen 5, I just don't love it.
But seriously lets not get into this conversation...

i did read your comment, and no where did it mention it wasn't meant to be a region.
there are so many things i could say but for the sake of my sanity i won't continue on with this.
By lugiaisbeast101
karrybird wrote:gen 5, in my opinion, had more amazing designs than bad ones. gen 6 is close as well on the creativity side. many people don't give gen 5 enough credit, and what because of the garbage and ice cream? i've never heard anyone bash any other pokemon besides those two. it's ridiculous. it had a strong plot, great region design, interesting side characters and antagonists, gym leaders that actually did something other than hiding away in their gyms waiting to get their asses kicked by the player. not to mention it actually has sequels rather than just something like emerald or crystal. even though it follows a similar pattern as the others, it did throw quite a few surprises at us, and actually took a few risks for a change. but of course, because people started whining about the games, i feel gamefreak may have taken a step back in some aspects with x and y.

to each their own i suppose. but i personally don't think anything can beat this gen at the moment. <3
i feel like i may have made this rant before, but eh.

XD Yes Kary you have :lol: In making my previous coment I actually felt you were going to say something the whole time through.

Anyways, my comment was more for the pokemon, I did enjoy the story and many surprises it had. I did not like many of the pokemon, and no it's not because of the Trasth and Ice cream XD Those are pretty neat actually. However, not many of the pokemon didn't catch my attention, especially the starters (sorry to say). In Gen 6, the fire type starter caught my attention more than most of the gen 5 pokemon ever did, with the exception of a few. It's not that I'm viewing the game in one perspective and judging all other aspects from that one thing I disliked, but it's just that it's my least favorite while still being a great game, that's all. Also, I was actually hoping for a grey version, it would have been neat to see what they would have done with it, I never really played Black & White 2 so I cannot give my opinion on it.

Yeah so basically, I just disliked it more because of the pokemon rather than the story, and like previously stated there were pokemon I did like.

For that comment above XD I didn't know how the connection was made either, I really don't.

I wish they added more to gen 6 (Pokemon, story), but it was more of a test rather than making it a very good game. They also made it towards spending timw with pokes and playing multiplayer (both of which I didn't do), so after I beat the game....it got rather dull...I feel they will make a much better improvement for their inevitable gen 7.
By Blaster
#98835 I know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but please read this through (I should note, I like the Soundtracks for all gens and that i'm keeping it mostly to main series)

Generation One: One of my most hated generations (i'll explain latter). I think that the designs of most of the Pokémon, if they introduced them now would be hatted due to how bland they are if you take away Nostalga (especially Pikachu, who I hate because of how over used he is, if people say that he isn't as over used as Mario for example, while I would agree, the Anime doesn't help Pikachu's case). The region is bland in my opinion (while I will accept it for Red and Blue, I can't accept it for Fire Red and Leaf Green) and Mt Moon as a dungeon doesn't feel like I'm in a mountain but instead a two-three floor tunnel cutting through said mountain. The difficulty curve gets a bit steep (but that might be because I don't go out of my way to level grind unless I have to) My biggest complaint though is Team Rocket, I hate Team Rocket as a villain team because I don't find them threatening (the exception being Giovanni). I don't hate Gen 1 as a game (I will play it over COD any day) but it suffers from "First game Syndrome", fine game, but latter games do the job better.

Generation Two: I think this is a great sequal, it fixes a lot of issues with gen 1 and I think its one of the best generations. My only complaints are that I think they made Team Rocket worse and they introduced Roaming Legendries :(

Generation Three: I came into the series (properly) in 2005 so most of this is based on Emerald (my favorite game in the series). I love the Hoenn region because of how diverse it is, Volcano, Jungle, Desert, Ocean (Above and Below). The Cities and towns do enough to make me remember little details in them. I love the idea of two teams with different goals ( I just wish they expanded on that idea more) and the fact that, for the first time in the franchise (to my knowledge) they have a good, threatening plan. Team Magma= expand the land so that civilization can expand and thrive, Team Aqua= Expand the seas so that the aquatic Pokémon can thrive. Both of them are good plans (Not the best but I'll save that for latter). I also love the idea of the Battle Frontier and I hope that they bring that back. My biggest complaint with the game is, while there aren't a lot of dungeons, the ocean routes make up for it (and there is only so many times you can kill a Lv 5 Tentacool with Lv 30- 50 Pokémon before you really get sick of them. I also hate the fact that, in order to finish the Pokédex, you need Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Greed, Coliseum and XD at least.

Generation Four: While Emerald is my favorite game with Gen III being my favorite generation overall, Platnium is actually the game I played, finished (not including Pokédex) and restarted the most. Like Hoenn, I love how diverse Sinnoh is. I like Team Galactic as a villain team and I enjoy the Underground (except the CTF if the bases are in two different parts of the map). I don't mind Mt Coronet as a dungeon but I will admit that they went overkill with the HM requirements. The Legendary powers are also on the overkill side of the spectrum. I understand the hate that Gen IV gets and some of it I agree with, I don't think it deserves all of it though.

Generation Five: Another generation I think recives a lot of unnecessary hate. I like Unova as a map and I enjoy the idea of a technologically advanced region. the designs for most of the Pokémon have grown on me (Except Garbador an Enboar. Trubbish has the cute factor going for it but I hate Garbador design (not what it was based on) and Enboar I hate because of what it could have been. When I saw Tepig for the first time, I thought "alright a Warthog pokemon, this is going to be interesting" I was willing to live with Fire/ Fighting combo if it was a interesting design... but its a Pro Wresteler, on of the most pathetic and staged sports in existence. Blaziken and Infernape have interesting ideas behind them but Enboar... (you get the idea)) I also like the "Ying Yang" idea for the legendries and I hope they continue doing it. I also like Team Plasma's original idea, I think its the best plan a villainous team in the franchise has used so far, I don't like their plan in B2/W2 as much but its still good. The big problem though I have with it though is this, everything about Gen V screams "I should have been on the 3DS"

Generation Six: While I have finished it, my opinions on the games take their time so I can't say a definitive answer yet. I enjoy it, I just wish there was more to do in it (Will wait for Z to make a definitive opinion)

Considering how long this is, i'm not going to detail my opinions on the spin offs, but I will say this: Love Mystery dungeon and Ranger series
By lugiaisbeast101
#98860 I like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger series, and I found Pokemon Rumble rather enjoyable, although I never got to play the sequels.

I also understand your opinion on disliking Gen 1, the reason is simply being that you came into the series rather late, and with most (not all) their favorite Gen is the one they first started with. It's the case with many people, so when you say that you came into the series at Gen 3, it's not much of a surprise that you like it a bit more than previous gens.
By Dracoman355
#98910 Gen 2, Nothing I can say that hasn't been said yet, so I will just say, Porygon2
By Blaster
Brooke wrote:Definitely 2nd Gen, Why? 3 Words The Legendary Dogs.

The dogs them selves, I agree. The fact that they're roaming legendries= KILL THEM!!!
By karrybird
Brooke wrote:Definitely 2nd Gen, Why? 3 Words The Legendary Dogs.

except that none of them are dogs...XD
JOIN THE TEAM