By Huhspaniel
SPG wrote:that solution isnt that easy because the effort still needs to be put in to make those crappy, i mean techne models, something I dont approve anymore because its atroshious, if you want to make all 649 pokemon in techne (i say 649 because i wont approve gen 6) by all means go ahead, but im not going to divide our assets on something not very important for something the majority doesnt like

You only addressed one sentence from my whole reply, leaving the rest implied to be correct.

"the effort still needs to be put in to make those crappy, i mean techne models." I thought that the general idea was that the techne models take little to no effort and in turn are "crappy"? If not, please correct me in this point, as I'd like to be aware of which type of modeling is actually easier/harder.

Though it would probably take a lot of time to go make techne models for 649 pokemon, there is no need to because there are only 215 within the mod currently and many of them already have an old techne model already available, thus mostly only requiring making a techne model (effortlessly?) along with the newer models of the rest of the pokemon.

By SPG
#95242 You can put next to no effort into something such as techne to get what you want but its a waist of my teams time to even think about it, what i mean by make all the pokemon is that YOU make them, and if we get them we may (dont hope for it much) add an option to switch between the two. and ye,s there may be 215 some models, but with what he wants you can only use about... 50 of those because he compaired a techne model to a techne model in the first post, that "new" charmander that he posted was the new higher standered when we still used techne, plus 99% of what karry has made is above the normal minecraft slandered, which is a good portion of the tehcne models, so we may have a lot, but most arent what erkalicious is looking for.

as for cubic models being accepted, chances are, unless you give us every single pokemon in the mod (so far) in cubic form and ask mr. m to add the option to switch between the two, no they will not, they look bad and we are already replacing the old techne models

as for moving away from "minecrafty" (hate that term, its not minecrafty once you use more then 10 blocks on a model) we did it for several reasons. 1. no matter how much you want to argue it, objs make your game run far better because there is less for your game to load 2. easier to make hands down 3. they look nicer
when making models we never once cared about making them look minecrafty, we went for quality (at least we did after a long chain of events)

so did I miss anything? there is a lot of yes and no in this, fully aware of that, it all depends on what happens honestly

actually, what I want to know why you made 2 accounts, if it was just to help push your point, thats rather sad
By MrMasochism
#95325 I'm going to clear this thread out soon. Can all of you learn to be civil. SPG stop being so defensive. A straight question deserves a straight answer. After all the answer is simple:

1. Techne is a very badly written program, it has a habit of crashing, losing all your work, corrupting save files, not actually showing what it saves (difference between what is shown in the program and the output) and a whole host of other problems. No one who uses techne for a while ends up liking the program, all wish there was another way.
2. Pixelmon is not trying to be minecraft, there's a reason we turned off vanilla mobs and went for a different style (including the gui). We basically take the point that we will try and make the best quality mod we can. Whether or not it clashes with the minecraft aesthetic is entirely subjective and the majority of people don't find that it does at all.
3. Pixelmon allows side-mods to redirect the model loader. Therefore, it is entirely possible, and actually quite easy to create a side-mod that will override the default model loader and instead load in techne models. If you wanted to go about making such a side-mod i'd happily take you through how to add techne models into the game, how to hook them up to the skeletal animation system and give you access to any old techne models we have lying around
By ChezBro63
#95470 dude just give up... Its a crap load of work to put in just the 649 pokemon with one model but if you have 2 models for every one then its twice the work which means updates come twice as slow so you might as well just live with better looking models and get over the fact that they aren't made out of boxes.
By erkalicious
MrMasochism wrote:...Pixelmon allows side-mods to redirect the model loader. Therefore, it is entirely possible, and actually quite easy to create a side-mod that will override the default model loader and instead load in techne models. If you wanted to go about making such a side-mod i'd happily take you through how to add techne models into the game, how to hook them up to the skeletal animation system and give you access to any old techne models we have lying around

That would be phenomenal. I've only done techne models for custom TileEntities, but not mob entities. Is there documentation for an API through which the side mob would communicate with pixelmon?
JOIN THE TEAM