Is my Model Ready? (please say yes ;3 )

82%
18%
By karrybird
#9156 i don't know why no one's mentioned this, but that grey in the texture is waaay too dark. and by the looks of it (i could be wrong) you used like, six different shades of grey here. so um, avoid doing that.
the inside of its mouth is also too strikingly bright in contrast. dull that pink down a bit and it won't be such and eyesore.
and if you know me well, you'd know i would gripe about the black you used. so i think you should lighten it up just a bit. and give him some highlights! rhydon is very metallicy give his armor some shine!

while you're on the right track with the head shape, it looks very uneven...i dunno, it just looks...off.
and those legs, they should be stretched out just a bit, they're way too close together. rotate them out more so that they can actually support his weight.

By Otakufiend
#9216 Yeah I had it lighter...but it seemed too flat so I added shading then blended some of it...and along the way I set the opacity wrong and added more grey and, well you can see what happened then Heh.
By Vikerus
#9231 I like it a lot, but be sure to implement peoples suggestions. I know when I first started I really had to learn to be humble when taking advise. In the end the suggestions really do make a better model. After all we all have a slightly different focus when looking at each others work. When you implement the best of each idea you end-up with a great interpretation of the Pokemon.

Great Work!
By Otakufiend
#9277 Heres yet another attempt to get this model right.

Spoiler:
RhydonV3Side.png

Spoiler:
RhydonV3.png
By Vikerus
#9291 This is really nice!

Only thing that I notice is his mane seems small and if I'm correct there should be two layers to it. Other then that this is a work of art!
Also the horn might use some tweaking, but that's just a small detail. Maybe make it rotated?
By Otakufiend
#9308 Yeah he does have two layers on his "mane" but I did not add the second because when I added the first, due to it being flat (and my very limited knowledge of Techne) the texture erases blocks behind it at certain angles. I do not know if it is on my end or if it is just the limitations of the program, but if I add another mane layer the Erasing becomes way more noticeable.

In fact I was going to ask if there was any way to fix that.
By Boogaluke
Vikerus wrote:This is really nice!

Only thing that I notice is his mane seems small and if I'm correct there should be two layers to it. Other then that this is a work of art!
Also the horn might use some tweaking, but that's just a small detail. Maybe make it rotated?

Hey, I posted this pic on the 1st page LOL

Otaku, the nails and toes are a greyish color btw, not same color as horn :)
By Vikerus
Hey, I posted this pic on the 1st page LOL

Otaku, the nails and toes are a greyish color btw, not same color as horn :)

Haha Yeah I know, but I wanted to point out the mane thing. And I agree with the nail color.
By SPG
Otakufiend wrote:Yeah he does have two layers on his "mane" but I did not add the second because when I added the first, due to it being flat (and my very limited knowledge of Techne) the texture erases blocks behind it at certain angles. I do not know if it is on my end or if it is just the limitations of the program, but if I add another mane layer the Erasing becomes way more noticeable.

In fact I was going to ask if there was any way to fix that.

Its just a vissual bug with teche, nothing you can do about it, but it comes out fine in game so its ok
JOIN THE TEAM