By Nova Spartan
#76532 I just threw this together in Blender seeing how Baltoy seemed like an easy one to make and Claydol is kind of awesome. This is a just rough draft of Baltoy so some stuff may be a little off, but I think I did ok overall. It depends on what y'all think though.

Front View:
Spoiler:

Left Side:
Spoiler:

Back View:
Spoiler:

Right Side:
Spoiler:

Top View:
Spoiler:

Bottom View:
Spoiler:

Shiny Version:
Spoiler:

So that's Baltoy at the moment. There may be stuff on his back I missed mainly due to the fact that I couldn't find a picture of his back area. Anyway, I don't know whether i'm ready or not to make Claydol. He looks like he might be difficult but I could be wrong.

So anyway, i'm ready to change some things on Baltoy depending on the feedback I get.

By wackaboom55
#76537 Damn, you beat me to it, its a damn shame, I was almost done with the texture ;-;

I digress, looks good so far.. now if you excuse me.. I got a project to delete ;-;
By Nova Spartan
wackaboom55 wrote:Damn, you beat me to it, its a damn shame, I was almost done with the texture ;-;

I digress, looks good so far.. now if you excuse me.. I got a project to delete ;-;
No, don't do that! It could be better than mine.
By zero_breaker
Nova Spartan wrote:
wackaboom55 wrote:Damn, you beat me to it, its a damn shame, I was almost done with the texture ;-;

Aaand he deleted it already :P

Now, onto the model. The arms is waaaaaaaaaay too thin, it looks like it will break in one touch. the head is a bit too big compared to the body, and the eyes are definitely not large enough.
By Kmerr
#76593 It's nice to see Baltoy gets some love. I can't find anything wrong with it, but I feel something's weird about the head, I just don't know what.
By Nova Spartan
zero_breaker wrote:
Nova Spartan wrote:

Aaand he deleted it already :P

Now, onto the model. The arms is waaaaaaaaaay too thin, it looks like it will break in one touch. the head is a bit too big compared to the body, and the eyes are definitely not large enough.
Is this better?

Head:
Spoiler:

Arms:
Spoiler:

By slightly making the head smaller, it made it more up to par with the body and made the eyes a little bit bigger. I can't shrink the head too much or he'll look like Mr. Peanut from those commercials. As for the arms, i'm not sure if what I changed is what you were talking about. Were you talking about the width of the arms like I showed in the latest picture or something else?

Kmerr wrote:It's nice to see Baltoy gets some love
Yeah, I mainly made Baltoy so I could get started on Claydol who i'm starting to work on while fixing Baltoy. Claydol may not be as hard as I imagined. Well, I hope not.
By Kmerr
#76614 With the new changes, it looks better. However, I think it's eyes should slightly be closed a bit more, but not much.
By Harbinger
#76645 Eyes still need to be bigger, the red part of the eyes should fill the full width of the head from what I can tell. Other than that it look fine.
By StopherSylvia
#76652 His head is really more of an oval (from left to right) and his body is too (from top to bottom). The eyes need to be the majority of his head and the red lines need to be thinker. Lastly the part he spins on (leg I guess) needs to be more of a diamond, kinda in between a spike and diamond. I see that your leg...spike...thing has the shape going on but it needs to be more apparent.
By Nova Spartan
Kmerr wrote:With the new changes, it looks better. However, I think it's eyes should slightly be closed a bit more, but not much.
I'm not sure that makes sense lol. I don't think they be can be close "more". Unless you mean make the black line across his eyes smaller/bigger?

Harbinger wrote:Eyes still need to be bigger, the red part of the eyes should fill the full width of the head from what I can tell. Other than that it look fine.
So, like this:
Spoiler:

It does look alot better.

StopherSylvia wrote:His head is really more of an oval (from left to right) and his body is too (from top to bottom). The eyes need to be the majority of his head and the red lines need to be thinker. Lastly the part he spins on (leg I guess) needs to be more of a diamond, kinda in between a spike and diamond. I see that your leg...spike...thing has the shape going on but it needs to be more apparent.
That may be tricky to change. It's difficult to find a good picture of Baltoy that doesn't have a crappy angle to tell what shape his body and head are :P

I'll see about changing the size of the red thing around his eyes, which by the way, was the most difficult part of Baltoy for me for some reason. As for Baltoy's spinner I noticed that too. I'm trying to think of what I could use to fix that. Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep it coming.
JOIN THE TEAM