By Kaesker
#76423 Is his lilypad that heavy that it presses his Body down so hard that his eyes Pop out?
I am just joking; i'm not trying to be mean.

What SPG said is correct; a texture can improve a model ten-fold. a good example is some of the techne models.
By Kaesker
tkgamer18 wrote:Here is my texture so far.

That Looks waaaaay better!!!! :D
By tkgamer18
#76457 When i quit blender this is what happened
and when i selected another shape i textured this is what happened
By xWildxManx
#76484 Dunno, I don't use Blender cuz it's not Potatis....

It's probably a rendering issue tho
By wackaboom55
#76543 Lotad is one of THOSE pokemon, you know, the ones that would look better in techne
By tkgamer18
wackaboom55 wrote:Lotad is one of THOSE pokemon, you know, the ones that would look better in techne

Techne models are too blocky so it means that if you want to use techne you need and incredible amount of talent.
By StopherSylvia
#76650 Here is a quick guide and tip list for texturing a model in Blender at least even though you appear to have a grasp on what your doing. You go into editing mode and highlight a line cutting the model into how ever you want it textured (usually split it down the middle), hit ctrl e, select mark seem. in the upper right of the 3D view window you can see diagonal lines click and drag to the left, this should open a new window (fyi, to close the window grab the lines again and slide it over the window). change the new window to uv image editor via the little box with two arrows next to it in the bottom left of the new window. back in the 3D view window highlight all the points (while still in edit mode) and press ctrl u, select unwrapp. the uv image editor window now has your model texture map displayed (you will have to do this with each part that is a different object and the parts you think should move in animation, for Minecraft, have to be different parts). There are many ways to do this next step this is just my method. open up the image editor of your choice and make the texture (I use paint and ipiccy.com) . Now back in the uv image editor window click open image, select your texture and scale and morph the texture map parts as you see fit (ctrl L will select each unconnected section, you can also highlight just the part of the object you want to mess with the texture on in the 3D view window while in edit mode). The desired animated parts being different objects is only required of Minecraft. When I said quick...I lied :D
JOIN THE TEAM