Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By Blaster
#71869 What are peoples opinions on the new portable?

By SPG
#71871 ..........
i said this on skype, i'll say it again
the 3d feature cant be used (well, it can, but is recomended for people 7 and older) so nintendo made this so its cheaper then a 3ds for children 6 an under (and people that cant see 3d like me) can have an alternative and spend less so they dont buy a feature they cant use. the market is small, who cares, it still drives software sales, and no one is forcing you to buy it. and yes I know, parent controls for children, and never turning it on for people like me, but who cares? it doesnt affact you, its cheaper and thats all that matters, get over it
By Blaster
#71875 Point taken, I forgot to take target market into consideration when I made that post. My biggest problem is the way it looks, it doesn't look like a member o the 3DS family or DS for the matter, It isn't as compact as the 3DS or DS families and the button layout would be awkward for any games that use the D-Pad (Granted the position on the original and XL is still awkward but it will be worse on the 2DS). It also looks like it would be a lot heavier than the others so while I see the main market's advantages, there could also be several disadvantages. I'm going to edit the first so that the last bit is removed
By SPG
Blaster wrote:Point taken, I forgot to take target market into consideration when I made that. My biggest problem is the way it looks, it doesn't look like a member o the 3DS family or DS for the matter, It isn't as compact as the 3DS or DS families.

oh well, it comes with a carring case, chances are it wont fit in most users pocket anyways, it also seems more durable then the 3ds, not sure how, but it looks like it was made to be dropped
By Blaster
SPG wrote:
Blaster wrote:Point taken, I forgot to take target market into consideration when I made that. My biggest problem is the way it looks, it doesn't look like a member o the 3DS family or DS for the matter, It isn't as compact as the 3DS or DS families.

oh well, it comes with a carring case, chances are it wont fit in most users pocket anyways, it also seems more durable then the 3ds, not sure how, but it looks like it was made to be dropped

Agreed, but as I said before, It also looks like it suffers in the weight department. Considering the main market, it would have to be designed to be dropped (heck look at the original (and ridiculously bulky) Leap frogs from several years ago
By SPG
Blaster wrote:
SPG wrote:

Agreed, but as I said before, It also looks like it suffers in the weight department. Considering the main market, it would have to be designed to be dropped (heck look at the original (and ridiculously bulky) Leap frogs from several years ago

the original 3ds was far from heavy, nor was it bulky, if you are talking about the ds, thats understandable, but thats a completely different handheld, we are talkigna bout the 3ds. thats like saying a vita is a psp
By Blaster
#71885 Agreed, but as I said before, It also looks like it suffers in the weight department. Considering the main market, it would have to be designed to be dropped (heck look at the original (and ridiculously bulky) Leap frogs from several years ago[/quote]
the original 3ds was far from heavy, nor was it bulky, if you are talking about the ds, thats understandable, but thats a completely different handheld, we are talkigna bout the 3ds. thats like saying a vita is a psp[/quote]

I'm not saying the 3DS or 3DS Xl are heave, i'm saying this new one looks heavy
By MissingNoL
#72083 I'd probably buy it. I was really considering buying one, and since I'm moving away from console gaming, I might want to get into handhelds again. The main attraction for me is Pokemon, but I'd also like to get a flashcart if one is available buy the time of its release.
By Kuwoobie
#72771 I honestly thought it was a joke when someone posted the video for it.

Then I realized the purpose was for people who want to play 3DS games but don't care for all the "3D" crap, and costs less too. I might actually get one since I don't have a 3DS.
JOIN THE TEAM