Approval material?

44%
16%
40%
By Xwaffle
#6596 Okay here is an attempt at a litttle roundness for it. I also added some texture to make teh shell look more shelly. Mr M suggested. :3 Opinions?

By SeductiveSmoke
Xwaffle wrote:Okay here is an attempt at a litttle roundness for it. I also added some texture to make teh shell look more shelly. Mr M suggested. :3 Opinions?

After lurking, I decided to make an account because I just had to say something.

That looks WAY BETTER. However, I would like to see the front stomach a bit rounder (protruding, if you will).

**Added a quick edit as well** : I would like to see the lines on the shell a dark brown, the black is a bit of a contrast. It's a minor detail though.

I am really impressed with this and I am looking forward to your final results! :)
By Tom_X
#6726 It seems good, although I don't see it very rounded. And also, black is an ugly color, try to avoid using it. Apart from that, it surely is a great model!
By Xwaffle
#6736 Thanks a lot SeductiveSmoke and Tom_X I will change the color and update you guys, and I will do the round stomach idea. :D
By SeductiveSmoke
Xwaffle wrote:Thanks a lot SeductiveSmoke and Tom_X I will change the color and update you guys, and I will do the round stomach idea. :D

:) Always happy to see a fellow artist happy. Looking forward to that update!!
By JakeValentine
#7666 I think his legs and arms are perfect, along with his head, so no work needed there.
But the problem areas to me are:

His tail. I remember it being more cloud-like, fluffier. Maybe it just needs that swirl texture in there?
Spoiler:
Dat swirl

And the other thing is he looks too skinny to me. Like a super-model Squirtle. The one on the commercials for The Gap.
Spoiler:
He's got dem curves and such. I mean, I don't think he should be perfectly round or anything, just a bit fatter. (:

That being said, it's a large improvement over the current Squirtle in my opinion. (: I hope this on hits the approval thread soon.
By Xwaffle
#8519 Updated! please share with me opinions. I've added "dat swirl." and got rid of that nasty black noone liked.(Not racist.) and finally I FATTEND HIM UP. lol and made his legs more stubby. Please revote if you may.!
JOIN THE TEAM