By LightAdept
#6507 Oh, also, the Y rotation bug has been fixed. Or rather, Techne is still bugged, but now we have our own model renderer that makes it bugged in game as well. So it appears just as it is in techne. No need to worry about the bug anymore, just make it look as best you can!

By BLSKis1
LightAdept wrote:Oh, also, the Y rotation bug has been fixed. Or rather, Techne is still bugged, but now we have our own model renderer that makes it bugged in game as well. So it appears just as it is in techne. No need to worry about the bug anymore, just make it look as best you can!

so wait...confused....if it has been fixed yet techne is still bugged...then how could it actually be fixed? I kinda had to more or less go back to the drawing boards and try and assess how to go above it...

Learned about Piece though so each day am getting slightly more familiar with the program...I may avoid the Y rotation totally, though not easy to get around with some special angles....may i get a better discription of what you mean?

I would say though I know Piece Renders very odd in Techne so will have to wait till last minute to do that aspect of course

I am also curious about something....You know how it is implied to keep all rotation points at hte same point yet Peice tells the Parts they move in unison....so um....does that mean they totate their joint points around the central peice point meaning Many parts don't actually have to have a Center attached to all other centers...Ill make a few pictures today to define this question better but um...Gengar from what i saw did look like the Possible joints may of been off center....I am more use to Plane Forming over Section Forming(you might call it)...I still am going to do her justice best possible but yes seems questions are striking up .... blasted new programs XD but its fun learning something new
By Tom_X
#6544 The mod has found a way to revert the Techne process wich made the models look odd (the Y rotation bug). So now, the models in-game look exactly as in Techne. No need to worry about not making anything on th Y axis or anything else, just make your best effort in those models!
By LightAdept
#6547 Perhaps the best way i can put it is this. The way a model is rendered is based upon which axes is rendered first. Most of the time it goes XYZ. For some reason, Techne Does it YZX. So we simply made a new renderer that renders the model using YZX instead of XYZ. That way, instead of having parts out of place in game, the parts will appear exactly as they do in techne. Does that answer your question? I hope so, so i'll say again: Make the models the best you can and dont worry about any bugs, the way they are in techne is they way it'll appear in minecraft!
By SPG
LightAdept wrote:Perhaps the best way i can put it is this. The way a model is rendered is based upon which axes is rendered first. Most of the time it goes XYZ. For some reason, Techne Does it YZX. So we simply made a new renderer that renders the model using YZX instead of XYZ. That way, instead of having parts out of place in game, the parts will appear exactly as they do in techne. Does that answer your question? I hope so, so i'll say again: Make the models the best you can and dont worry about any bugs, the way they are in techne is they way it'll appear in minecraft!

Minus a few graphical glitches ofc
By Omerta
BLSKis1 wrote:Learned about Piece though so each day am getting slightly more familiar with the program...I may avoid the Y rotation totally, though not easy to get around with some special angles....may i get a better discription of what you mean?

I would say though I know Piece Renders very odd in Techne so will have to wait till last minute to do that aspect of course

I am also curious about something....You know how it is implied to keep all rotation points at hte same point yet Peice tells the Parts they move in unison....so um....does that mean they totate their joint points around the central peice point meaning Many parts don't actually have to have a Center attached to all other centers...Ill make a few pictures today to define this question better but um...Gengar from what i saw did look like the Possible joints may of been off center....I am more use to Plane Forming over Section Forming(you might call it)...I still am going to do her justice best possible but yes seems questions are striking up .... blasted new programs XD but its fun learning something new

Ok, so first of all, don't worry about pieces as a modeler. To my knowledge, we are no longer piecing in Techne and are instead applying pieces in code. This has to do with the implementation of a new skeleton animation system, so just don't use pieces at all in your models (it's a mess anyways).

As for the sharing of rotation points, I'm slightly confused by your question but I'll try to answer what I think you're talking about using my Gengar as an example since you said you've taken a look at it. So basically, there is one rotation point for the body itself. This includes the spikes coming off Gengar's head and back. Every single part of the body shares a rotation point at the center of the body. The offsets are what are used to get each part into the proper position. I find that if you are making something round, it is best to have the rotation point dead center to cut down on oddities caused by the way Techne handles rotations.

So that's the body. All parts within it share the same rotation point position. You're now going to do the same with every other group of parts. Using Gengar again, all parts within the left arm share a rotation point at the shoulder, where the arm connects to the body. Same for the right arm and both legs. You basically want the rotation point at the 'joint' of whatever will be moving in animation.

Now applying this to Glaceon, you're going to have one central rotation point for all parts within the body. Your rotation point for all parts within the head will be at the base of the head. You'll then have four more rotation points for each leg where the leg connects to the body, and each leg will have all its included parts sharing a rotation point at their respective hip/shoulder joints. Things are a bit different with tails, but we can cross that bridge when you get to it.

One more thing: try to organize your model into folders. One main folder for the entire model, a folder for the body, one for the head, one for each leg, etc.
By BLSKis1
#6671 hmm hmm hmm...ok think I have most of the question answered now... I'll see how much I can do in the next day and see...

Well guess my pieces question is a bit premature though...thanks for the input I think it should be good now....
JOIN THE TEAM