By BLSKis1
#6076 EDIT==========================================
Glaceon and in extention possibly Leafeon I am working on..since Leafeon is almost Identical.

In extention either way I will also Define Icey Rock and if get to it Mossy Rock understanding and model it...since it is a part of Glaceon... Ill see

as an Ice Trainer and by far most favorite Pokemon Glaceon 'The Queen of Bitter Cold Winters' is the main focus....Leafeon has a very much Identical body structure so i will be probably alter Glaceon into Leafeon...
===============================================
EDIT: Those that knew or thought was easy to figure out...pardon this Edit...Just helpful info I have found along the way....weather by searching or asking

-------------Basic Tip Info Here-----------------

1: Control+Shift+V pastes Parts Exactly as they were
2: Location of model in relation to Wooden Plank is Irrelevant(unless I am informed otherwise)
3: GIscale works which means a block 10x the size of the wooden plank at GIscale 1.0 would be same size of wooden plank at .1
4: Plain Blocks aka blocks with 0 in 1 dimension make good filler blocks if you Transparent the extra overlap
5: Peices are END ACTIONS! DO NOT MAKE A PIECE UNTIL END AND I HAVE CONFIRMED 5 IS RIGHT
Pieces(red rotation point made) Are a Complex block aka many blocks fused together, weather this removes the need to make all blue rotation points centered I am still looking ot find out. From what I can tell though the Piece(red rotation Point) Becomes all blocks under it's influence their rotation point. I won't assume this one is right until I find out otherwise. So don't do this unless I delete these few lines. Also Pieces go Mental and Mess up what the model looks like, if you do it prematurely.

---------------------------------------------------------

so not being fully new to Modelling things though not with Techne and not for MC so what to do.....

A few questions spring to mind....

START OF DAY 1!
Spoiler:

START OF DAY 2!
Spoiler:
Without the Y rotation working as it should...must say...oy XD I may have pictures later if i can get things to work with me,KICKS TECHNE....it is not liking to save my progress AHHH!....(backups found) where the triangles XD i know transparent flats can deal with that

DAY 4!
Spoiler:
So was super duper busy yesterday and spent about 30 hours doing just paper work!
So I figured I would give an update Perhaps it will help others:

1: Control+Shift+V pastes a Copy of Parts EXACTLY as they were in the same dimensions(found the controls and sure others may know but why not state it for even Beginners
2: Day 1 Model I deleted to start Fresh...It just didn't have the Enthusism I was looking for
3: I should be Posting Pictures of the progress and even Recording some of my actions...it is already coming along swimmingly(yet its a land pokemon...)Just gotta try and finish up the back body, legs, and front body to call viewable

So far this is what i have done....since i deleted my other start....so much tweeking XD....its looking fairly good so far though
The back part is actually shoved up some and slightly bigger than the front...slight artistic touch...which is were alot of tweeking came in.... and so far part of 2 gap fillers done XD

The Pictures show the Middle Torso section for I would like to see the model be fairly well detailed and though I am use to another type of program(in fact highly different) I need some help knowing my limits.

First:!
All the points of that section are connected at 1 exact point...which from what i understand from the posts i have read is good....and yes the box looks a bit small doesnt it XD....That is one minor thing I want info on...(its only not centered cause beside it is a basic block statue I made of the pokemon to in a sense look at for comparison till i have enough done)

Does the Model have to be roughly Centered just above(almost touching) the block as a land pokemon or does the location not matter much?

Second:!

As anyone can tell and i already specify the Size is huge....Can it be this huge....As i see it has GIscale which changes the size of the blocks I saw which was why I decided i would ask here in this post......I put the Size of the blocks 10x the size the pokemon was at first....so if GIscale was changed from 1.0 to .1 it would be the actual size...Question is.....Would that actually work? Does that mean I compact a large design into a Miniture of itself and in turn change the rendered size in game down to its proper size? Or does it not work and this would create a 10 block hiegh demon of fear?

and I think lastly:!

The middle torso already alone takes up like 30 blocks and i may actually double what is seen to smooth it out more unless that might be a bit excessive XD...maybe not this part but others may need more blocks at least....but question is...

Is there really a limit to how many blocks a person would use or does it just mean more lines of code for the aminators to give things moving right(as long as joints are in good locations) though a statue like may join game? Currious by far about these.....I know some other games i have Modeled my own chars somewhat hate exceeding some levels of detail.....is this a case here? Should i just make 2 torso(upper and lower) just for some movement? or can the 3rd smoothing section(so to speak) work out alone with the Legs, head, tail, ears, so on so forth!.....It could be 200 blocks perhaps MORE!....I need info on that by far....

Ok enough typing for now.....what may be your answers?

EDIT:

forgot....just figured i would say I looked on youtube for the way this program works is extremely different and comes to some shock to me all i see are general basic looking mobs where of coruse i know this mod developement to show much more particually Gengar which i am looking to catch already XD....Just thought i would mention this....

By JurroRath
#6088 I believe with the way we handle coding in models now, it doesn't actually have to be touching the ground, we can just change the main body piece height until it is touching the ground. I think that's how it works now anyway- watch one of the more skilled coders pop in a tell me NOPE, JURRO STOP BEING DUMB.

As for GIS, I can definitely confirm that that works. Several of our models in game use it.

And the blocks, I doubt the number of blocks used will really affect gameplay. Maybe if a ton of them spawned, but you'd have to force that to happen I think. However, if you want to cut back on the blocks, one way Omerta found was to use sprites to fill in the gaps rather than a million blocks. Basically, just take a flat block, and texture it to look in the shape of what you're trying to fill in. For example, you could alternate between sprite and block on those outer rings where there are a bunch of colliding blocks. If you make the texture blend well enough, I doubt people will notice, not unless they're looking for it. And take note of Gengar's arms- the use this method to fill in the triangular gaps in them.

So, that's Jurro's advice for now. I'm rather eager to see which pokemon you're making, I honestly have no idea what it is at the moment, but the model you've got so far is pretty impressive :3
By BLSKis1
JurroRath wrote:I believe with the way we handle coding in models now, it doesn't actually have to be touching the ground, we can just change the main body piece height until it is touching the ground. I think that's how it works now anyway- watch one of the more skilled coders pop in a tell me NOPE, JURRO STOP BEING DUMB.

As for GIS, I can definitely confirm that that works. Several of our models in game use it.

And the blocks, I doubt the number of blocks used will really affect gameplay. Maybe if a ton of them spawned, but you'd have to force that to happen I think. However, if you want to cut back on the blocks, one way Omerta found was to use sprites to fill in the gaps rather than a million blocks. Basically, just take a flat block, and texture it to look in the shape of what you're trying to fill in. For example, you could alternate between sprite and block on those outer rings where there are a bunch of colliding blocks. If you make the texture blend well enough, I doubt people will notice, not unless they're looking for it. And take note of Gengar's arms- the use this method to fill in the triangular gaps in them.

So, that's Jurro's advice for now. I'm rather eager to see which pokemon you're making, I honestly have no idea what it is at the moment, but the model you've got so far is pretty impressive :3

phew at least the GIs works....I will have to look at this Omerta....I don't mind if it looks kinda blocky in some respects as this may only be the first draft...then again with GIscale i can probably go fairly extreme you sound as you are saying...

I don't fully understand your concept of sprite in this respect...Ill have to look up the Omerta person you mentioned and see what you are meaning but then again....I don't see any sprite button unless your meaning like a 0 on some axis making it perfectly flat.....its just at 3 thick for hell of it but may make it 0 or 1 since i am only using 1 side of the blocks for all parts....at least thats how I have done things in the past...so Top will always be the outer skin....would help save room once i start overlaping the Mirror...

Ill see what you mean by sprite. and for the rings those are basically gap fillers when they rotate if they rotate bad....i mean look at Gyrados....it really needs gap fillers XD
By BLSKis1
JurroRath wrote:Ah, yes, sprites are just a block that is flat on one axis. Also, by Mirror, I hope you don't mean 'mirrored texture'. Because unfortunately, the mirror texture option in Techne doesn't actually work in Minecraft.

well now isn't that lovely.....oh well...many things wouldn't of been Mirrored anyways...guess Ill just paint it all....and yes do not mean paint as in program but the idea imagine coloring itself...but um Transparent then i am quessing works for the concept of sprite i figured and you have verified would leave long shapes out in the middle of nowhere....at least some of the things i saw looked like may have transparents at least...they are only thick so far to make sure i can see where i am going...planed for 1 or 0(if 0 had been possible) or at least you did imply it should work but 1 of course is honestly think enough for the outside i would butt up as tight as possible....anyways...

Thanks for answering my questions promptly...Next I post just may be a new Thread of the Pokemon in question(just to lay some claim of it as being worked on). Glad also my questions in turned also helped another...If i were of course to come across another thought I will probably repost to this but yeah....think all my fears of making my favorite pokemon as perfect as I think is due are set to rest...
By BLSKis1
MrMasochism wrote:It needs to be said here that techne doesn't render transparent sprites correctly. In minecraft however they all work fine and you can see what's behind them

oh brilliant....may have to set up MCP to get a look at the structure then.....that was one thing I have done but good lord....well perhaps not..only the Top of all blocks will be showing up in general....i can just 0 it out for minor corrections to texture uploads......Thanks for the info....as long as i see the Textures meeting where i would like them to be....I should be ok anyways but Ill cross that bridge when it comes....

I though am not brilliant at doing paint on pc but this pokemon almost screams out "BLSK! YOUR THE ONE!" a low errie voice fades in the wind as it washes over the senses.

or something delusional like that XD

guess that it for now...work on finishing up more parts in just a day or 2....Techne isn't angle friendly......
By LightAdept
#6142 Lol, nowhere in here did i see what model it is that you are making? unless i missed it, is it a secret? also, i can help you with the transparent spriting. PM me your skype or prefered communication method (i have almost all of them, and if i dont have it, i can get it) and i can help you!
By BLSKis1
LightAdept wrote:Lol, nowhere in here did i see what model it is that you are making? unless i missed it, is it a secret? also, i can help you with the transparent spriting. PM me your skype or prefered communication method (i have almost all of them, and if i dont have it, i can get it) and i can help you!

I will consider asking, once more of the Model is done....I will be trying to finish up the whole body and perhaps legs and tail today.....just hard tweeking the blocks into position but I feel I will get her at least the fairly good start done.
JOIN THE TEAM