Should Gyms have Trainers or challenges?

65%
24%
8%
3%
By 1flapjack1
#2005 Hi guys!

I'm back from the old forums, and it's been a while! I've updated the map since then, for a February 11th release! but for now, its just an update to the new forum :) Please feel free to give suggestions or to ask for stuff. I'll do my best to reply and take it on board!

Progress:

Spoiler:
Villages/towns/cities:

Era Region:
Meri village
Farenmell Town (Coal badge)

Cendolan City (Mind badge)

Micea Region:
Verimen Town
Skybene City

Routes:

Era Region:
Route 1
Routes 2-13 (inclusive)

Micea Region:
Routes 14- 27 (inclusive)

Other areas:
Pokemon Range
Cendolan Forest

Verimen Forest

Key:
Green=finished
Yellow=work in progress
Red=not started

Changelog:
Spoiler:
V1.1
-Added Farenmell town
-Added windows
-Added storyline
-Added Pokemon Range
V1.0
-Added Meri Village
-Added Route 1

Upcoming Features:
Spoiler:
-Cendolan City
-Cendolan Forest upgrade
-Farenmell Town extension
-Meri Mine
-Pokemon Range Hut

Pictures:
Spoiler:
The photos here are outdated, I will update them soon.

Meri Village:

Farenmell Town:

Cendolan Forest:

Pokemon Range:

Route 1:

Download V1.1 here!

By ihatemimes
#3662 Hey. Just had a look through your map; it's coming along nicely and I love that someone is designing their own pokemon styled world.

I know it's a work in progress but just some constructive criticism:

The houses are quite plain, maybe add some different styled windows and roofs (have a look at the soul silver/heart gold games for a bit of inspiration). I would also suggest making a theme for the different towns, even if it is only minor such as color scheme.

As for the interiors, have a look at this site to get some great ideas how to flesh them out a little more and give a bit more variation http://minecraftfurniture.net/seating, also if you can redesign the house to add stairs rather than ladders.

Also, are you planning on adding ledges because the routes are really only A to B at the moment.

Are you doing this completely in game or are you using an external tool like MCEdit?
By 1flapjack1
ihatemimes wrote:Hey. Just had a look through your map; it's coming along nicely and I love that someone is designing their own pokemon styled world.

I know it's a work in progress but just some constructive criticism:

The houses are quite plain, maybe add some different styled windows and roofs (have a look at the soul silver/heart gold games for a bit of inspiration). I would also suggest making a theme for the different towns, even if it is only minor such as color scheme.

As for the interiors, have a look at this site to get some great ideas how to flesh them out a little more and give a bit more variation http://minecraftfurniture.net/seating, also if you can redesign the house to add stairs rather than ladders.

Also, are you planning on adding ledges because the routes are really only A to B at the moment.

Are you doing this completely in game or are you using an external tool like MCEdit?

First of all, thanks for the feedback! I will definitely take it into account!

Secondly, I'm doing this completely in game, but I do have tools such as NotEnoughItems and Single Player Commands.
JOIN THE TEAM