By GabrielGonzaga
#5484 Here is my first attempt in modelling. It take pretty much time, and if you ask me "what part of this process you dislike more than others?" I will say "I hate texturing of Electabuzz' freaking body."

Also Techne, besides of really handbreaking cube positioning system, have problems with transparent textures.

Spoiler:

Some changes so far
Spoiler:

By Skibb
#5485 Wow ! :) This looks cool , only thing I could suggest is use rotated blocks . It would make this model much more smoother :) If you have more questions , just ask .
By GabrielGonzaga
#5486 Use rotated blocks to smooth it's body or anything else? Cause I tried to do body more rounded like Omerta do that, but I met some troubles.

Spoiler:
I can build with rotated blocks front, back, left and right sides, but I don't understand how to fill space between them. Blocks' corners sticks out each try.

By Skibb
#5487 Well , the body is fine for now in my opinion . But could you try to smooth the arms ,the feets and maybe the forehead too ? Thanks :)
By Tom_X
#5494 The model looks fine, the eyes seem a bit weird, but apart from that it's good for me
By Tom_X
#5503 Why do the eyes have a line that crosses them? or is it just Techne?
By JurroRath
#5518 Must say, this model is turning out very nicely. I agree with the others that the arms need a bit of smoothing, but I personally don't mind the line across the eyes, little details like that won't be as noticeable in game as Techne would lead you to believe. One thing that does bother me a bit though is that he seems very squished. Proportionally, Electabuzz's body is a bit taller than that. He also seems a bit chubby near the bottom, so try making him taller and thinner, I think that'd improve the model by quite a bit.

Also, just as a quick tip- you can select multiple blocks by holding shift and clicking on the ones you want. You can also shift-click blocks that you already selected to deselect them. Just be warned- it can cause lag, the more blocks you pick, the laggier it'll get, so if the lag gets to be too much, try moving in sections instead, rather than moving everything at once.
By GabrielGonzaga
#5536 But he is really small and fat! http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/79/Spr_5b_125.png
And with raised arms it's looking may change.
General thing that impressed me on this height was number 1.1 m. I used that source http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/160 ... imensions/ to find out it's height in minecraft, so it should be 19 pxls (1 block = 16 pxls if you don't know). And he taller right now, cause 19 was hard to model, it's 21-23 for now.

Arms will be reworked, general proportions seems okay for me.

I know about shift-clicking, but thank you. Lags begins on 3 and more details selected, so I never move a bunch of blocks without backup ;)

Oh, about arms. It's only shoulder and forearm, right? Hands smoothing will be really hard.

Thank you all for feedback, and I waiting for more if you have something to say!
JOIN THE TEAM