By SPG
Overreactedosbol wrote:no, Dark pokemon should just spawn on the locations normal pokemon spawn. Like, if you spawn Dark pokemon in the Night (which is obviously a derp suggestion to me, sorry for that) why then not spawn a Fairy type in the day? (ok that was also a derpy suggestion, sorry). No, it wouldnt really make sense. Just spawning them in certain biomes is enough. (Mountains can be very dark aswell :P)

you say this, but from what I recall, dark times spawned at night (or in caves) in the games

By Il_Lupo
#51327 Absol and Mightyena, both dark types, also appeared in rainforests. If we're not doing that, then it seems we're ignoring a lot of game mechanics.
By SPG
#51338 we have been ignoring a lot of things, we have also add our own things because we can, it would make sense for darks to spawn at night if you ask me
By Overreactedosbol
#51376 hmmmm, it could make some sense, but i'd rather prefer Dark types to spawn in normal biomes.
By yoru-san
#51378 i like the idea of dark types spawning at night, so like in gold/silver you only can catch certain pokemon at night. isnt it boring to go on a pokemon hunt at daytime and every pokemon seems to spawn randomly just because its the right biome? and wouldnt it be boring if it doesnt make a difference if you go out at night or day? so imo some pokemon should only spawn at night (ghost type and dark type definitly, also pokemon like hoothoot, meowth, persian, spinarak, ariados, oddish, psyduck, golduck, staryu and some others)
By Hypnose
#51391 Would it be at all possible(please forgive my ignorance, I don't know much of the mechanics of the game) to put them in the correct biomes, but still only spawn in a very low light level? It seems like this would make a bit more sense, well it does to me anyway. ^^
By SPG
Overreactedosbol wrote:hmmmm, it could make some sense, but i'd rather prefer Dark types to spawn in normal biomes.

i never said they would spawn in non-normal biomes (what ever the heck that means), i just said at night time
By Il_Lupo
#52070 That sounds good to me. Dark types don't like the sunlight apparently, which you learn if you take a dark type to one of those footprint guys in the games.
JOIN THE TEAM