By macher65
#50419 Hello, I made 4 different pokecenter designs for you guys.
The pokecenters are made from cheap materials so they are not to OP.
I've made a snow design, sand design, a jungle design and a regular design.
I hope you guys like it ;)

Spoiler:
The jungle
jungle.png
jungle.png (688.42 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Spoiler:
The regular
regular.png
regular.png (851.68 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Spoiler:
The sand
sand.png
sand.png (759.89 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

Spoiler:
The snow
Snow.png
Snow.png (845.23 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

The Schematics
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

By Waterboyr
#50440 Um you should show the inside and the outside seems okay I guess. I never thought of a pokemoncenter with wood or sand on the outside.
By Waterboyr
#50462 That's pretty good. I don't know what they are looking for in pokecenter designs but having something unique Is good.
By Leqesai
#50775 These are pretty great designs as far as integration goes. They use relatively cheap blocks (with the exception of a glowstone lamp) so they can't be harvested for high tier stuff early on. They also mesh well with the current Minecraft buildings which is quite nice.

Too many of the creations on here use blocks that are supposed to be relatively rare to find (specifically the ones using iron blocks, redstone blocks, loads of wool etc.).

What would be ideal is if the developers of Pixelmon added their own set of red/white blocks to the game that could be crafted/found at right around the same rarity as cobblestone/stone bricks. This way people could create their awesome red+white poke centers without throwing the game's balance totally out of whack.
By Leqesai
#50902 You have mentioned your aversion to integrating Pixelmon into the base game before. And although I appreciate your perspective I believe that, unless you plan on turning Pixelmon into a total conversion mod, you're kind of forced to deal with a lot of the vanilla game assets. I mean, you might have spectacular Pixelmon structures, but they're going to be popping up along with vanilla villages and whatnot. The problem is, that if there is not a little coherency between the two you run the risk of your stuff looking really out of place.

I'm interested to see how you guys implement the structures. I'm sure you guys will ultimately do something awesome. Though I can't imagine what that will be if you're avoiding making them look integrated into the base game systems.

I still think these centers are pretty fantastic btw. :)
By bhoqure
Leqesai wrote:You have mentioned your aversion to integrating Pixelmon into the base game before. And although I appreciate your perspective I believe that, unless you plan on turning Pixelmon into a total conversion mod, you're kind of forced to deal with a lot of the vanilla game assets. I mean, you might have spectacular Pixelmon structures, but they're going to be popping up along with vanilla villages and whatnot. The problem is, that if there is not a little coherency between the two you run the risk of your stuff looking really out of place.

I'm interested to see how you guys implement the structures. I'm sure you guys will ultimately do something awesome. Though I can't imagine what that will be if you're avoiding making them look integrated into the base game systems.

Unless you turn spawning structures on in the config no villages will spawn. Thus meaning the only spawning when these come out will be the pokecenters and any other buildings that has been implemented. So as to your theory it really wont matter unless you turn village spawning on.
By Leqesai
bhoqure wrote:
Leqesai wrote:You have mentioned your aversion to integrating Pixelmon into the base game before. And although I appreciate your perspective I believe that, unless you plan on turning Pixelmon into a total conversion mod, you're kind of forced to deal with a lot of the vanilla game assets. I mean, you might have spectacular Pixelmon structures, but they're going to be popping up along with vanilla villages and whatnot. The problem is, that if there is not a little coherency between the two you run the risk of your stuff looking really out of place.

Unless you turn spawning structures on in the config no villages will spawn. Thus meaning the only spawning when these come out will be the pokecenters and any other buildings that has been implemented. So as to your theory it really wont matter unless you turn village spawning on.

Is structure spawning not on by default? I could have sworn it was.
By bhoqure
Leqesai wrote:
bhoqure wrote:

Is structure spawning not on by default? I could have sworn it was.

Nope when you first install pixelmon it turns off for players. Unless you manually turn it on no villages will spawn.
JOIN THE TEAM