By Braincabinet
SPG wrote:Ya, the head and body has far too many segments, as for the fins, unlike techne, you have to model them, they cant be textures

darnit thought it was gonna be easy by just texturing them.
oh well, I will check tutorials on how to add more vertexes to the tailfin and head fixtures to model them.
However i dont know how to lower the ammount of faces on my spheres. and i couldnt find a tutorial on the subject either.

By SPG
#49592 all you do is click it and the box on the right as a number of variables you can edit, there should be an option to change how detailed it is towards the top
By SPG
#49669 yes, perfect, thats exactly what i wanted
in all seriousness, fix the picture please, even when i tried to edit your post the link is broken
By Braincabinet
#50162 Okay im feeling really good about my progress today i hope it aint to complex cause it took me 4 hours to just do the cheek flaps.

Spoiler:
By ryancpexpert
#50165 At first, i did not like the model, as I have seen your progress, I have started to really like this model. I can't wait to see this finished!
By IAmSecretSpy
#50168 A real turn around from page one might one say!

Great job and keep up the good work!
By Edeodin
#50203 Hey Braincabinet, SPG has asked me to post some reference images of Mudkip (as he can't at the moment), so that he can better provide feedback on your progress. So have some mudkipz!

Spoiler:

Course I'd feel weird just posting pictures and not providing feedback of my own, so here goes. The cheeks are a little off, as only the little spike parts should protrude from the sphere of the head. Plus the top spike and bottom spike should point more upwards/downwards respectively, rather than straight out like the middle one. The head fin could also be a bit taller. The tail fin should flow more backwards rather than upwards. I know this is still a WIP, so I'll wait and see how the rest turns out, but SPG should have more feedback for you before too long. Best of luck with the rest of the model!
By SPG
#50213 Thanks ed, I wont need to use you anymore on the 11th of July lol (took long enough)
Anyways time to help you, obviously this is a WIP but there is not point in not telling you everything, there also isnt any point in telling you in what ed already did, so.... lets start with the body.
You have an oval currently, cant deny that as you can see, the body is about the length of the head, the body also starts half way of the head (so right where the spike is) and the height of the body is half the hed (ya, a bunch of half of the head) the body also needs to slant down a bit.... ok I actually missed a lot of things, work on it some more and we will go from there
By Braincabinet
#50216 Thank you edeodin so much for the image of mudkip.
I wouldnt mind if you gave me the same kind of referance for marshtomp and swampert aswell.
I do like that line of evolutions and I wouldnt mind hopping up to them as i gain skill with maya.

thanks for the feedback SPG (how do i pronounce that "SPHAG" ? "SPUG" ? "ESSPEEGEE" ? ohwell)
i will first of all do the mods to the head and tailfin then the cheekflaps?
and after that i will see about the body but you probably wont see any progress until after the weekend, sorry to disapoint. ^^
JOIN THE TEAM