By Braincabinet
The_Nanobots wrote:Ok I agree 100% with what zero_breaker said. Is that enough options for you?

no.

also i see you all saying make them round, i would like an explanation on the easyest way of achieving roundness using squares,
and a quick word on just about how large i would have to make the model.

By Tom_X
Braincabinet wrote:
The_Nanobots wrote:Ok I agree 100% with what zero_breaker said. Is that enough options for you?

no.

also i see you all saying make them round, i would like an explanation on the easyest way of achieving roundness using squares,
and a quick word on just about how large i would have to make the model.

I third Zero's opinions, and anyone who has 1 or more models approved does. I guess that should be enough options...
You can't do the outlines of a model with black, the contrast is way too horrible. Look at all the pokemon in-game and tell me if anyone has an outline similar to the one you did. Exactly.
Now, you can look at any of Omerta's models to see the most sexy way of rounding a model, but if you can't achieve that, use your imaginations, or watch some pokemon that have been approved and are round. Roundness with squares is possible.
You can make the model as large as you want to add detail to it, it's fixed later in the code, so don't worry about it.
By Braincabinet
#47626 im not saying he is wrong. i see his point.
I was just asking for more things you would have me do to it.
if i am going to do it over I might aswell do it right the first time I do it over.

i want to know exactly everything i could possibly do to improve the model correctly the first time i redo it.
and if noone has anything more to say beyond what zero suggested then i guess i didnt to to bad of a job for a first attempt. :)
By lugiaisbeast101
Spoiler:
Braincabinet wrote:I'm not saying he is wrong. I see his point.
I was just asking for more things you would have me do to it.
1) if I am going to do it over I might as well do it right the first time I do it over.

2) I want to know exactly everything I could possibly do to improve the model correctly the first time I redo it.

and if know one has anything more to say beyond what zero suggested then I guess I didn't do to bad of a job for a first attempt. :)

1) Well nothings perfect when created, so you can't exactly do it 'right' on your next attempt, but I see what you mean.

2) You've been told what to do, you have a decent knowledge of Techne, and you know that you can enlarge the model and it will be resized accordingly, and you have also been told to go around the forums and study the other modelers creations (Omerta for roundness, Karry for textures, Edeodin for both, and the rest for creativity). We can't really tell you anything else until you show us your current progress.
By Dark Prinplup
#48256 Me before I saw the mudkip: Yay! Someone finally made my favorite pokemon!

Me afterward :( s: The black outline is overused. It sorta looks like the pokecubes one...
By ryancpexpert
#48564 This is an ok model, but you should really get rid of the black outlines
By Braincabinet
#48904 I made the model twice the size atleast

and i tried making in rounder but i dont know if this works.

currently only worked on the head.
By MrMasochism
#48917 the staircasing really isn't working there. Try using angled blocks rather than that pseudo round style, it always looks better
By Braincabinet
#49562 so i thought i might perhaps try my hand at using maya instead of techne since techne seemed so limited. keep in mind its a work in progress.
However i cant help but feel its, well not too good. but too complex perhaps ?

how can i lower the ammount of vertex faces on my spheres ?
By SPG
#49567 Ya, the head and body has far too many segments, as for the fins, unlike techne, you have to model them, they cant be textures
JOIN THE TEAM