By Xiro
#4871 A friend and I are setting up a server in a little while, and one of the goals we have is to make the normal housing and such non-basic (to hell with your square huts).

I also tried my hand at making a pokecenter, based off the ones from HG/SS. The first and second floor are mostly done but the basement needs work. The idea is that we have one of these in each town (and a larger one in cities of course) and the beacons are to help players in the wild find their way back.

We're not looking for extra help at the current moment yet but I want opinions on my pokecenter. It took about 4 hours to get it where it is(without worldedit, just vanilla currently) and i would love some of your thoughts.

Some pictures might be a bit different in spots. It just shows that it's under development (and that I actually am the one who built it...)

Spoiler:
Building the main floor.

Same thing at a distance.

Ground view.

Most of the outside done~

From the side.

Looks best at night really.

Testing out the map.

Me being a badass...

Me and the friend I'm with.

Current outdoor view.

INTO THE UNFINISHED BASEMENT?!? No. Come back later.

I'm quite proud of this. The rooms in the back are actually pretty spacious, as you might be able to tell from the picture of the side of the PokeCenter. There'll be a local trade and battle center for friends. In the basement there will be a GTS system that'll utilize CraftBook's teleportation feature to take all players and put them in a central hub, the whereabouts and creation of which is to be determined (although we could have NPCs do the same thing. Debating it atm). We're doing pure vanilla at the moment so all the extra features like PCs and healing tables will be added later. We're about to install bukkit, worldedit and craftbook to make things easier for us.

Tasks (* denotes it is complete):
Spoiler:
General tasks:
-implement bukkit*
-add worldedit*
-add craftbook*
-add essentials*
-decide on more town and city locations
-create more towns and cities
-add special caves and locations
-name all locations
-GTS locale
-(more to be added)

Spawn City Tasks
-Add a city pokemon center
-Add a department store
-create the power circuit for the solar power plant
-paste and detail custom pokemon stadium
-remake spawn point
-normal item shop
-(more to be added)

Town A tasks
-finish the pokemon center*
-make a proper pokemart*
-finish the docks*
-create the town's gym
-create a few more residences*
-Decide on a purpose for the large building
-Remove herobrine

I might be posting this in the wrong place depending on how you see this post. It's a bit of both servers and mapping. The to do list is more for me than other people lol.

Thanks for the input.

By Xiro
#5178 Update #1!

After a few days of work in what time we've made for ourselves, I bring you all an update!

Part 1: The Spawn City

Although already existing when we started the server(made by my friend beforehand), I never gave out screenshots. We have to put Pokemon related stuff in yet. I plan on making a large Pokemon Center(HQ?), a Department store, Global Trade Station and many other things.

Spoiler:
The entrance. Wondering if we should remove the dirt or not.

We're gonna remove some of the...uglier... buildings, in favour of some more economically suited buildings. Sky scrapers, high rises etc. etc.

Part 2: Town A (name TBD)

After a lot of work, we pretty much finished our first town. I created a Pokemart (which was easy to make and is perfectly to scale), and we also added a gym, docks, some more houses and a larger building (which may be turned into an auction house). I also removed the beacons from the Pokecenter and just put one in the middle of town. More detailing will be done in the future.

Spoiler:
The basement of the pokecenter. I'm keeping those back rooms a secret, since they won't be used for the usual thing.

The Pokemart! Quick to make but easy on the eyes.

The Pokemart's interior. Might need some work but I'm hoping in the future Pixelmon will have a bunch of objects to place that'd be useful.

Overview of the town. I'm extremely satisfied with how things turned out.

The first gym. You can probably guess what the type is...

Part 3: The Third Populace

We started working on another location. At the current time we haven't decided if it'll be a town or a city but we do have one thing built we're really proud of: The Power Plant from Kanto (Gen IV). The exterior is pretty much done but that alone took a long time to make, even with worldedit.

Spoiler:
The area upon first entering. Lots of room for development, and we're debating heavily on reason it should be a town or a city. I copied the Pokemon Center but if we make it a city I'll need to make a new version.

The Power Plant. We both worked hard and spent about 8 hours calculating and working on the exterior. It's a duplicate of the one from Kanto in Generation IV, although I'd say the scale is about 3:1. We still need to add more detail to the outside (the metal support beams, and some spots need tweaking)

That's the end of this fun ride. Stay tuned for more updates!
JOIN THE TEAM