By GhostWolf2398
#48661 Pixelmon Safari Games - The Ultimate Pixelmon Trainer Challenge!

Two teams of two trainers each, armed only with 64 pokeballs and some basic supplies, must capture and train a new team of pokemon in only 60 minutes. They must then do battle to determine who is truly the Safari Games Champion!

Also coming soon as a server mode for up to 24 Pixelmon Trainers at a time!

Introduction and Explanation Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/OSPuZlSPbqE[/youtube]

Episode 1:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/in5Nrs3cGIA[/youtube]
Episode 2:
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/X_JB-EsSEIE[/youtube]

Episode 3:
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/4ZABP_5HuPE[/youtube]

Episode 4: (Tag Battle)
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/AGz8kMxl6qU[/youtube]

Welcome to the new, action-packed way to play Pixelmon!

The Safari Games is a server-side side mod (so anyone connection does not need to have it installed to have a blast) that I developed that helps take the core of Pixelmon's training and battling aspects to their limits.

Required Mods:
Forge
Pixelmon (most recent version)
Pokeloot (currently v1.5.0, created by Alien595) - I may consider making a Safari Games Lite version without Pokeloot, but it adds a wonderful random chance element to the game and adds additional excitement, so I've made it a required mod for now.

A game of Safari Games is composed of four phases:
Phase 1: Lobby Phase - A short phase that allows players to connect and populate the game. Typically lasts 3-5 minutes.

Phase 2: Safari Phase - Players are each given an Itemfinder, Pokedex, 64 Great Balls, and 5 Potions, and are unleashed upon the map to capture and train their teams. Players have 45 or 60 minutes in this phase and possess the ability to teleport to any biome of their choosing, or back to the Pokecenter at any time. Battling other players is also enabled, allowing optional PVP encounters.

Phase 3: Team Preparation Phase - Players are returned to the Pokecenter, teleporting is disabled, and battling is disabled (both wild encounters and PVP). Players have 3-5 minutes to swap out and customize their teams with the PC, assign any held items that they found to their team, and trade with friends or enemies to gain access to stronger forms.

Phase 4: Safari Games Tournament - Players parties are automatically healed at the start of each round. A single-elimination tournament bracket is calculated automatically according to either single player or tag battle option. Players/teams are automatically forced into the correct battles (eventually having matches occur at specific stadiums for each match), and the winners advance to the next round. All winner's parties are fully healed before advancing. Battles continue until one player is crowned Safari Games Champion!

Rules:
1) Have fun on your journey to become a Pixelmon Safari Champion!
2) No breaking blocks in the pokecenter, lobby, or stadium
3) All pokemon must be acquired during battle, and throwing pokeballs outside of battle is not allowed (and should be blocked by the code of the mod entirely)
4) During Safari Phase, you may go anywhere, use any item you find from Pokeloot chests, and battle anything you like - wild pokemon or other trainers.
5) No weakening pokemon by using environmental hazards (fire, lava, water, suffocation)
6) No unnecessary stalling of PVP battles (not deciding on moves) in both the Safari Phase and the Tournament, or blocking healers/traders from being used
7) More to be added as needed, for now if it isn't listed or blocked by code its legal, so get creative!

As this will also be the thread used to apply to appear on my channel's Safari Games series, the application form is as follows (note that it will be 2v2 team battle matches, so if you do not have a partner, one will be assigned to you). Also, due to likely high numbers of applicants, I might not have the opportunity to play against everyone (until the full server-side mod is completed), and will select opponents based on what I think would give the most entertaining shows.

Application Form

(fill this out for each member of the team, if applying as a team, or just once if applying solo):
Name or Gamertag:
In-game Name (IGN):
Able to record perspective (y/n):
Has a youtube channel (y/n and name of channel if yes):
Reason you want to be on the show:
Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community:

By DarkNintendoGuy
#48665 Name or Gamertag:Classified Pm me
In-game Name (IGN):DarkNintendoGuy
Has a microphone (y/n):yes
Able to record perspective (y/n):yes
Has a youtube channel (y/n and name of channel if yes):yes the name is DarkNintendoGuy I do pixelmon.
Reason you want to be on the show:Im not one of those people that just want to play to be on youtube I acutaly want to play with more than myself
Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community:No Im thinking of starting to make Models for the mod
By KuryoZT
#48765 Well mate, I must say this sounds awsome.
And if you could get some Devs to play with you that'd be awsome haha.
I wish ya good luck, though it seems it's mostly done work already, for the series, I'll be sure to follow it.
By GhostWolf2398
KuryoZT wrote:Well mate, I must say this sounds awsome.
And if you could get some Devs to play with you that'd be awsome haha.
I wish ya good luck, though it seems it's mostly done work already, for the series, I'll be sure to follow it.

I still have some coding and bug-handling to do for multiplayer, since there are a lot of ways people could break the gameflow since it is a bit more complicated than say survival games, but it is coming along.

Feel free to apply as well if you like!
By LightAdept
#49007 Name or Gamertag: Uh....Light
In-game Name (IGN): LightAdept
Has a microphone (y/n): yes
Able to record perspective (y/n): If i have to
Has a youtube channel (y/n and name of channel if yes): Never use it, but yes
Reason you want to be on the show: IT SOUNDS FRICKEN FUN!
Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community: Looooooots of coding (even if its just repetition that anyone could do (I'm still the only one doing it so :P)).
By SPG
#49025 put me on the back burner just in case i dont get home before this starts
Name or Gamertag: Dylan, SPG, pyroblock
In-game Name (IGN): SpalkiaG
Has a microphone (y/n): yup
Able to record perspective (y/n): yup
Has a youtube channel (y/n and name of channel if yes): pyroblock
Reason you want to be on the show: best side mod type thing i have seen so far
Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community: I have done absolutely nothing
By GhostWolf2398
SPG wrote:Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community: I have done absolutely nothing
Hilarious SPG!

I plan to run this series on a weekly basis, so you don't have to worry about not making it back home before it starts, it should be running most of the summer at the least.
By DutchKroket
#49127 Name of Gamertag: Dutch/DutchKroket
In-game Name: DutchKroket
Has a microphone: Yes
Able to record perspective: I can, but not with a paid program
Youtube Channel: DutchKroket (not for minecraft vids)
Reason: Cause I want to beat your ass! You told me you can defeat me, but you won't!
Contributed: Forum Moderator and I make music (for the music sidemod)

Team Jack and Dutch for the win!
By Jack_Attack12
#49129 Name or Gamertag: Jack_
In-game Name (IGN): Jack_Attack12
Has a microphone (y/n): Yep
Able to record perspective (y/n): No, sorry =-/
Has a youtube channel (y/n and name of channel if yes): Yes, MrJackAttack12
Reason you want to be on the show: I want to beat your as- You bet me to it dutch! I want to play to show how well ive progressed in the mod, and how much i can do in the time limit!... (and i love hunger games!)
Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community: Not alot realy xD I moderate the forums, and beta test when i can. (which is rare.)
By KuryoZT
#49153 Application Form
(fill this out for each member of the team, if applying as a team, or just once if applying solo):
Name or Gamertag: Kuryo
In-game Name (IGN):KuryoZT
Has a microphone (y/n):yes, but I hate to speak.
Able to record perspective (y/n): don't think so, never really tried to.
Has a youtube channel (y/n and name of channel if yes): nope
Reason you want to be on the show:
GhostWolf2398 wrote:
Feel free to apply as well if you like!

Does that work? XD
I also love the idea

Anything you have contributed to the Pixelmon community: :(
Nothing
JOIN THE TEAM