By Polifroeg
#46201 Image
Edited cross will add texture and I get what you say about the spam I will only post on this one for now

By SubGenesis
#46215 Damn I had made really detailed (and hopefully relatively useful post here) :( did everyone to whom it was concerned read it? cause I would rather not remake it
By Polifroeg
SubGenesis wrote:Damn I had made really detailed (and hopefully relatively useful post here) :( did everyone to whom it was concerned read it? cause I would rather not remake it

but what is the use in making the model if you did not save it?
By brazilianbeast1
david8700717 wrote:Well, this is my Healer Icon:
Spoiler:

I am still thinking of any changes I should make to it!
*Updated

MrMasochism wrote:Not a fan of Il Lupo's for the simple reason that they will be nearly impossible to tell apart from any distance. That's why my mock up had an icon without a background hovering, that way the shape of the whole icon is unique for each one

this is almost the same thing as Il_Lupo's design which Mr.M didn't like to much because the shape at a distant isn't defined very well. I'm not a pixelmon representative so this is just my opinion but try to make it more defined or have a unique shape like the one he showed in his example.

On another note i saw a design for the swords that were very well done but it got deleted someone should really reupload them
By KuryoZT
brazilianbeast1 wrote:On another note i saw a design for the swords that were very well done but it got deleted someone should really reupload them

Yeah, that was from Sundial, I hope he sees the forums was rolled back, I may PM him anyway.
But yeah, the designs MrM are looking for must be easily spotted from far away, that's what he said. So Il-Lupo's models being the same base wasn't in his expectations, even though in her defense, he precised it after she proposed her models.
By MrMasochism
#46622 indeed I did. Il lupo put her design up before I clarified what exactly I was looking for. To be honest there are a fair range of designs that would work fine but the issue is in the detail; making them look good and be easily recognizable from far away etc
By Vengaurd
#51712 Do either of these concepts suite your fancy? I can make them into models in no time if you'd like.
(see attachments)

and perhaps something like this for the shop icon?
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/30 ... h_mart.png
I'm speaking of the white frame with the blue pokeball icon, or perhaps a 3d of just the icon itself?
http://t2ak.roblox.com/b0f7fae5b9f383d9a72dc44f2715cb9e

Color recognition will help a lot for distance, green for trade, blue for shop, red for heals, maybe a yellow lightning bolt for battle. Each should have a unique icon for sure, but color and general shape (wide/tall) differentiates very well.
Attachments
Trade01.png
Trade01.png (651 Bytes) Viewed 957 times
Trade02.png
Trade02.png (570 Bytes) Viewed 957 times
By Vengaurd
#51745 And what the hell, I'll throw my hat in the ring with the "generic healing symbol" crowd too.

To be clear, this would be the only one with a background like this, the others I've posted would be just the symbols. Though, I could see the pokemart symbol with a background too, still pretty different given the coloration.
Attachments
Heal.png
Heal.png (95.6 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Heal.png
added a border
Heal.png (60.26 KiB) Viewed 944 times
JOIN THE TEAM