Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By SPG
#45620 Hey guys, so as some (if not all) of you are aware, gen 1 is almost done! We are so close we even have a poll set up so you can vote what set of pokemon we do next! But that folks is besides the point, as I'm sure the title has grabbed your attention, we will be paying you $20 (20 USD) for each of the last 5 pokemon to be approved in Gen 1! Nothing will be changed on how you will get your model approved, the only difference is, is that you will get paid to have your model in-game! (you can use techne or any other software that exports in the obj format)

List of pokemon we want modeled:

Dewgong
Mewtwo
Rhydon

Poliwrath
Lickitung

So may the best modeler win, and the best of luck to all of you!
Money will be given on approval or on winning an approval poll (if multiple models are up for approval)

By Tom_X
#45649 They are, but that doesn't mean other people can't model them. That's the reason polls are set up (and seeing the reward people get for getting their models approved, I don't doubt there will be some polls)
By karrybird
jeremy58589721 wrote:Rhydon almost has the exact same features as nidoking... so just some quick alterations and retexture and bam. just a heads up to those wanting a model Rhydon ;)

but that's such a lazy way out, i'd rather just make the whole model from scratch, it would look a lot better.
By jeremy58589721
karrybird wrote:but that's such a lazy way out, i'd rather just make the whole model from scratch, it would look a lot better.

lazy, maybe
quicker, yes
better looking if from scratch, idk (like i said they are pretty much the same feature wise)

but its just a suggestion, to get gen 1 done even sooner :P
By thunderbyrd1
jeremy58589721 wrote:
karrybird wrote:but that's such a lazy way out, i'd rather just make the whole model from scratch, it would look a lot better.

lazy, maybe
quicker, yes
better looking if from scratch, idk (like i said they are pretty much the same feature wise)

but its just a suggestion, to get gen 1 done even sooner :P
quality over quantity my friend
By jeremy58589721
thunderbyrd1 wrote:quality over quantity my friend

lol forget i even mentioned it, i dont see what the big dealo is. a simple change of the feet, arms, (hair horn thing) and ears and than a correct texture is all it needs, and nidoking is quality, so using a already quality model just makes sense to me.

but like i said forget i mentioned it, i was just trying to make things easier on you guys.
By lugiaisbeast101
#45717 What happened to that old rhydon model?
JOIN THE TEAM