Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By jaxy73
#42016 how common is it for a boss to drop one of these? can all bosses drop them? I want to know because im going boss hunting just for the hammers, so i wanted to know how long i should expect to be hunting.

By Ewcongogamer
#42018 why don't you just make hammers, it would be a waste of time to kill bosses for only hammers instead of the rest of the stuff they drop
By jaxy73
Ewcongogamer wrote:why don't you just make hammers, it would be a waste of time to kill bosses for only hammers instead of the rest of the stuff they drop

i cant find diamonds to save my life, but i might be lucky enough when i go on my next mining trip for some iron, i mean i will still pick up the other drops but i dont use tms and berries cant be planted and all i want are lots of ever stones.

Edit: also iron hammers break way to fast and i would rather use the iron on pokeball bases. diamond hammers last a long time and take like 2 seconds to finish a lid.
By Ewcongogamer
#42352 dig a hole, with a ladder back up, to level 7 and dig in a straight line in any direction, best way to find diamonds. Also if you need your iron hammer to last longer try to enchant it with unbreaking :)
By jaxy73
Ewcongogamer wrote:dig a hole, with a ladder back up, to level 7 and dig in a straight line in any direction, best way to find diamonds. Also if you need your iron hammer to last longer try to enchant it with unbreaking :)

i guess i will go hunt for more diamonds for an enchanter to, thanks for the tips!
By jeremy58589721
#42565 gotta strip mine. 2x2 tunnels every other 2... so like this

XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX - levels 15-14
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo - levels 13-12
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX -levels 11-10

or was it this

XXooXXooXXooXX
ooooooooooooooo
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo - levels 12-11
ooooooooooooooo
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX -levels 9-8

X= mined/tunnel
o=not mined/stone

and so on... i believe thats the best way to strip mine ... and just do that for all the diamond levels.. 16-1 in all directions starting at your ladder hole up or bottom of your mine entrance

or was it 2x3 tunnels like this....

XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX - levels 15-13
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo - levels 12-10
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX -levels 9-7

its one of those i cant remember the perfect strip mine config D:
By The_Nanobots
jeremy58589721 wrote:gotta strip mine. 2x2 tunnels every other 2... so like this

XXooXXooXXooXX
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo - levels 13-12
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX -levels 11-10

or was it this

XXooXXooXXooXX
ooooooooooooooo
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo - levels 12-11
ooooooooooooooo
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX -levels 9-8

X= mined/tunnel
o=not mined/stone

and so on... i believe thats the best way to strip mine ... and just do that for all the diamond levels.. 16-1 in all directions starting at your ladder hole up or bottom of your mine entrance

or was it 2x3 tunnels like this....

XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX - levels 15-13
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo
ooXXooXXooXXoo - levels 12-10
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX
XXooXXooXXooXX -levels 9-7

its one of those i cant remember the perfect strip mine config D:

Its actually more efficient to do 1x2 tunnels

XooXooXooXooXo
XooXooXooXooXo - level 13
ooNooNooNooNoo
oXooXooXooXooX
oXooXooXooXooX - level 10
ooNooNooNooNoo
XooXooXooXooXo
XooXooXooXooXo -level 7

Yes a few spots(N) are never seen but to check every block in the strip mine would lower the efficiency by half just to obtain the very occasional ore that spawns in a 1x2 ore chunk.
By jeremy58589721
The_Nanobots wrote:Its actually more efficient to do 1x2 tunnels

XooXooXooXooXo
XooXooXooXooXo - level 13
ooNooNooNooNoo
oXooXooXooXooX
oXooXooXooXooX - level 10
ooNooNooNooNoo
XooXooXooXooXo
XooXooXooXooXo -level 7

Yes a few spots(N) are never seen but to check every block in the strip mine would lower the efficiency by half just to obtain the very occasional ore that spawns in a 1x2 ore chunk.

ahh yes, the N's wont matter as most diamond clusters are in a 4x4 anyways and you would get it if it were to spawn in one of the X's or O's around the X's... very nice. that is alot more efficent than a 2x2 jolly good.

also not to rub it in on the OP but i just got a diamond hammer drop from a boss :D
By sargeantsimon
#44244 The only things spelunking is good for are conserving resources and avoiding filling chests with cobble and such. You usually have to do it to some degree when starting out, but once you get iron tools, strip all the way. In any case, a useful method is often mining with your feet at level 11 or 12. Most of the large lava pools will generate with their tops at level 10, so I prefer to mine at 11. Many choose to go to 12 so that they don't run into the pools at all, though that line of thinking is often flawed because these pools often generate with pockets of air above them, or in ravines. Mining at 12 would then still enable them to fall into it, but eliminate all hope of escape. (You might be able to tell I'm a bit biased here. 12 is okay, really, one of my brothers always does 12 and has no problems.) Any time you encounter lava, then, you merely bridge across, and if you feel like it, build a wall. I recommend that your "wall" just be a couple rails at head level so light from the lava can still filter into the tunnel and conserve torches.
I don't overthink these things, I swear.
JOIN THE TEAM