Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By IGL
#42419 I have been in the jungle for about 5 hours now. I haven't seen any mews spawning. I know there super rare and all but is there away to get them to spawn more. Would making a huge flat area in the jungle help? Please reply ASAP

By KuryoZT
#42423 Well, since Jungle is mostly composed of huge trees, and you can never see both the tops and the bottoms of those trees, making a flat area counting as a jungle would be of help, but the spawning just won't be help, it will still be MEGA-rare.
edit: In simple words, it won't help the spawning, but will help the founding, ya see?
By SPG
#42459 it has like a 1/1225 chance of spawning or something like that, your best bet would be to chop down all the trees and search for it that way, and carry a bucket of lava with you so you can kill all of the pokemon that arent mew
By nyv
#43749 Sorry to bump with my own question but I didn't want to make yet another mew thread.

On my current single player world I have 2.6 days playing time yet haven't ever seen a Mew so it's time to hunt one down. So what exactly does Mew spawn on? I don't mean the jungle biome, I mean what ore does it spawn on? Leaves? Grass? Dirt? Water? If I can get an answer to that I can cut down or rework the jungle accordingly to maximise my chances of finding one that spawns.
By The_Nanobots
nyv wrote:Sorry to bump with my own question but I didn't want to make yet another mew thread.

On my current single player world I have 2.6 days playing time yet haven't ever seen a Mew so it's time to hunt one down. So what exactly does Mew spawn on? I don't mean the jungle biome, I mean what ore does it spawn on? Leaves? Grass? Dirt? Water? If I can get an answer to that I can cut down or rework the jungle accordingly to maximise my chances of finding one that spawns.

It does NOT spawn in water, and it does not matter what kind of block it tries to spawn on however Mew (Just like all other pokemon that spawn on land) will only spawn above Y60.
By nyv
#43861 I'm pretty sure it does matter now as of the most recent update. There were update notes to say that pixelmon only spawn on grass now to stop them spawning in buildings n stuff like that. So I was wondering if this means they only spawn on grass in jungles, or only on leaves, or whatever it is.

If you're right and they spawn wherever in jungles then I can go ahead and clear out an entire biome and just replace the floor with stone?
By Lettucecow
#43875 I'd say clear out all the trees, but i don't think it would help all that much cause they are mega rare.
By The_Nanobots
nyv wrote:I'm pretty sure it does matter now as of the most recent update. There were update notes to say that pixelmon only spawn on grass now to stop them spawning in buildings n stuff like that. So I was wondering if this means they only spawn on grass in jungles, or only on leaves, or whatever it is.

If you're right and they spawn wherever in jungles then I can go ahead and clear out an entire biome and just replace the floor with stone?

I couldn't find anything in the source code that suggests that doing that wouldn't work.
By SPG
#43891 my suggestion is to go into mcedit (or worldedit if you have to) and clear out an entire area to the void, and make sevral platforms out of different blocks, ie leaves, grass, dirt, stone, cobble ect and see what spawns on it, that would be your best bet into figuring out on what spawns on what
JOIN THE TEAM