By JeremTheOuf
Il_Lupo wrote:Well, if it does eventually get into the mod...

It would be awesome if Missingno. was a boss. When it appeared and you challenged it, you're taken to some kind of weird distorted glitchy-looking dimension where you have an epic boss battle against it. If you lose, the game crashes. If you win, then you get a cool prize- but you can't catch it. Whether it appears or not, it shouldn't be possible to catch it.

I thought when losing the battle, the map resets itself instead of minecraft crashing

By hasikon
#43454 i think missingo shouldt spawn as the rarest spawnrate ever and only in abandoned mineshaft,s/deep underground .then we know why the mineshaft is abandoned .and hes 100% boss
By MissingNoL
#47243 I think I would like him in the game as an easter egg. Maybe he could spawn only through /pokespawn.
By The_Nanobots
MissingNoL wrote:I think I would like him in the game as an easter egg. Maybe he could spawn only through /pokespawn.

If missingno. doesn't spawn naturally there really isn't a point to doing the work to add it in.
By Jephon
The_Nanobots wrote:
MissingNoL wrote:I think I would like him in the game as an easter egg. Maybe he could spawn only through /pokespawn.

If missingno. doesn't spawn naturally there really isn't a point to doing the work to add it in.

Porygon doesnt spawn naturally.. Just saying..
By MissingNoL
jsnbrown1989 wrote:
The_Nanobots wrote:

Porygon doesnt spawn naturally.. Just saying..

I was going to say that, but Porygon is a Pokemon, so not having it would be a little strange.
By ErusPrime
#48957 So why not create a legendary pokemon place for the glitches. A special village or building that has a super low spawn rate, definitely won't spawn within a certain number of chunks for you. Something that actually requires you to go out into the world and find.
By Overreactedosbol
#51072 no, that would be a waste of code, i think. Missingn0 should not be catchable, because it could allow players to fuck other players' games. I suggest that Pc's (the things you store the pokemon in) should have a secret easter egg which crashes the PC and eventually spawns a Missingno. You can battle it, but if you win, you crash, if you throw a ball, you crash, and if you lose, you don't crash but Missingno despawns and the PC remains crashed, just a useless machine in your base (Now that's funny). Then the players can choose to keep their PC's alive and play pixelmon, or waste all the diamonds and stuff used to craft it and kill the PC to spawn an unbeatable pokemon.
By Vespirs
KuryoZT wrote:For myself, I think MissingNo, if he's added to the game, should be an easter eggs at best, not spawning in the wild on its own, because that's what it is, an error.

Actually MissingNo. Isn't an error. It's a place holder. Encountering MissingNo. is an error, but MissingNo. itself isn't.
By The_Nanobots
Overreactedosbol wrote:no, that would be a waste of code, i think. Missingn0 should not be catchable, because it could allow players to fuck other players' games. I suggest that Pc's (the things you store the pokemon in) should have a secret easter egg which crashes the PC and eventually spawns a Missingno. You can battle it, but if you win, you crash, if you throw a ball, you crash, and if you lose, you don't crash but Missingno despawns and the PC remains crashed, just a useless machine in your base (Now that's funny). Then the players can choose to keep their PC's alive and play pixelmon, or waste all the diamonds and stuff used to craft it and kill the PC to spawn an unbeatable pokemon.

The only thing missingno. was capable of doing to your game in pokemon r/b was mess up the sprites in battle until you looked at the pokedex entry of a non glitch pokemon. (and mess up your Hall of Fame but nobody ever looks at that) Missingno. was incapable of crashing your game or deleting your save file, so your idea wouldn't fit very well.
JOIN THE TEAM