By zorakirby
#42570 Ok, this took longer than I thought it would, but Glalie is done, complete with Cubemap.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25533573/Showcase/Glalie_Ingame.png

I was wondering, what exactly is the problem you're running into with animation? I have 2 blocks in my mod that use Obj models and are animated (coincidentally, both of them just happened to be in my hotbar when I took the screenshot) and they work fine. Is it like the offset origin of the model is wrong? Or maybe you guys already figured it out?
By SPG
zorakirby wrote:Ok, this took longer than I thought it would, but Glalie is done, complete with Cubemap.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25533573/Showcase/Glalie_Ingame.png

I was wondering, what exactly is the problem you're running into with animation? I have 2 blocks in my mod that use Obj models and are animated (coincidentally, both of them just happened to be in my hotbar when I took the screenshot) and they work fine. Is it like the offset origin of the model is wrong? Or maybe you guys already figured it out?

we dont actually know how to do it, but i highly recommend adding mr. m on steam to discuss it because if you do, then modeling will be far easier then before
By MrMasochism
#42575 The only difficulty with animation is having to build up the obj list and structure it so each can be rotated relative to the previous bit, similarly to how minecraft animation is done as there. It's just a time thing and I was only waiting till we had some decent models to try animating before doing it
By zorakirby
#43162 I have to go to work now, and won't be back for 4.5 hours, but i did get the froslass model done, and started working on a valve ".smd" model loader (they support bones and animations, so that will make some things a lot easier if/when i get it working).
By SPG
#43164 well, now that we are 100% sure we can use this, time for some proper feedback instead of saying "yes, finally we can make models that dont look like trash"
lets start with snorunt
as you can see, the feet need to be much bigger to the point you can actually see them
and the mouth is very pixelated and too small, so i would recommend getting a bigger texture map and fixing that
as for glalie, its fine the way it is, just make the circle in the eyes less hd, it doesnt fit the rest of the texture/models in the mod so far (maybe make the eyes a 25x25 circle)

man, being able to use objs now feels so good now xD
By Sundial_MC
#43352 So... does this mean there'll be 2 different "branches" of modeling types now?
Using that
or
Techne
By SPG
Sundial_MC wrote:So... does this mean there'll be 2 different "branches" of modeling types now?
Using that
or
Techne

Depends on how you look at if, as long as people make the correctly, you shouldnt know the difference when they are in game
By zorakirby
#43656 Just a quick update - my smd model loader works. I havent started the animation loading yet, but the actual models do load. And I'll get on adjusting Snorunt.
JOIN THE TEAM