By sargeantsimon
#39552 It took me a while, but I think I finally bent Techne to my will, at least somewhat. In any case, here's the culmination of altogether far too long. What do you think? Not too terrible for a first?

Spoiler:

Update 1
Spoiler:

Update 2
Spoiler:

Let's ignore the head, yes? Okay, fine. You can talk about it, but be nice. I already know it's a problem and have some ideas on fixing it. Feel free to give me any advice you might have, but realize that if it's on the To Do list, I'm gonna get to it eventually.

To Do:

Model-
Fix that head. Ugh.
Tail and legs are too skinny. Give that kid some meat! [Check]
Speaking of the legs, where'd that last joint go? [Check]
Okay... Pretty much everything is too skinny. Widen the main body portion. [Check]
Add fingers and curve them a bit.
Fix the puffs of fur around thighs. [Check]
Make the arms a little better?
Make the main body less blocky?

Texture-
Um... Make one, not just that test thing you've got there.

By Sundial_MC
#39563 Yep, give that kid some meat. LOTS of meat.
I'll give more feedback once all your TO-DO list is done, and I'm not going to talk about the head, just that it's... too big. TOO big.

I like the tail though ;3
By sargeantsimon
#39564 That tail made me happy. Didn't think I'd be able to pull off the curve so well.
By Sundial_MC
#39566 Ooh, also, another thing: The blue burns me.
Take the colour out of the actual pokemon art, it'll be way better ;3
By sargeantsimon
#40000 -.- I did a search for both Riolu and Lucario, not finding a single result in the modeling section. What do I find with a random Google search for more reference pics? Both of 'em are in the archives. *Sigh* I think I'm gonna try to improve on the design anyway.
By LilacLily
#40002 The head looks a bit 2 big... Or the body too thin .-.
By sargeantsimon
#40004 It's the body. I checked. Traced some images (canonical images, don't worry. They're legit.) and compared them directly to my model. Way too thin.

I also took Sun's advice and grabbed the blue from the sprites and now the head looks tons better just with that. Obviously still needs a lot of work, but not as much as I'd thought.
By sargeantsimon
#40084 Updated to show progress with legs, tail, and thighs.
By Il_Lupo
#40085 Colours are great, but the stick-legs are a little off-putting.
JOIN THE TEAM