By minecraftOclock
#39846 please reply with any feedback, positive or negative, i'd highly appreciate any way i can make it better.
By SubGenesis
#39848 I am just letting you know now that it is best to make models larger than usual as they can be scaled back down in game that way you can have more detail

Any way firstly I think you need an hd texture as that eye does not look too good

Also the model could do with some rounding using a few rotated blocks but this is a very good start!
By LilacLily
#39856 What Genesis said. Make it 3x bigger. It can be scaled down to size in the coding.
By minecraftOclock
#39894 Ok, thanks guys i appreciate the constructive criticism, as long as he makes it into the game im happy. Ill get to work on his looks.
By minecraftOclock
#39898 erm, whats GIScale do? it looks like it manipulates size without editing the dimensions of a cube
By SubGenesis
minecraftOclock wrote:erm, whats GIScale do? it looks like it manipulates size without editing the dimensions of a cube

That is what is used to scale the model down to the right size when it's in game I would not use it when modelling as it is not a way to simply make a model twice as big unfortunately to make your model bigger you will have to redo it from scratch at a bigger size if that is what you are asking
By SubGenesis
#40260 Much better, I see very little wrong with anything except the eye,

Firstly in most sprites the eye points down a bit

Secondly the texture of the actual eye is too small and needs a bit more detail I think part of the problem is that there is black in the texture instead use a very dark shade of grey, black rarely looks good in models
JOIN THE TEAM