Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By gigafl4shk
#39122 Is there any way to obtain colored wool other than manually applying dye to each individual block? If not, I might consider making a side mod for Pixelmon that allows Mareep to be dyed (I have a lot of previous programming experience in C++, but not much in Java, so it would be a good learning experience for me). I would probably also add something to make Mareep grow wool back faster, as well (currently obtaining wool appears to be a bit of a problem with the wild Pokemon despawning and the low amount of Pokemon available to be in a party at a time).

By jeremy58589721
#39140 i read somewhere i cant remember the topic name but someone else was making a side mod like this sorta but was adding wool stairs and other building blocks too..

sorry i cant remember the topic name. :/ but i could be wrong about the dyeable mareep.
By jeremy58589721
Rarity wrote:You can edit Pixelmon.cfg to enable vanilla spawns.

Change

Code: Select all    B:"Allow vanilla mobs"=false

to

Code: Select all    B:"Allow vanilla mobs"=true

oh that seems kinda unpokemonish to allow vanilla mobs to spawn. even with what the OP said i dislike it. i rather not have unpokemon creatures running around my world it would ruin the magic of the experience
By Rarity
#39190 Then you will have to get wool the other way. I suppose they could program it so Flaffy drops random wool colors...
By Vikerus
Rarity wrote:Then you will have to get wool the other way. I suppose they could program it so Flaffy drops random wool colors...

I feel like I know you from somewhere.

Not sure though.
By Vikerus
Rarity wrote:Why not just breed sheep? Sheep still spawn, even in peaceful or with Pixelmon installed.

Also fyi this can actually work. Just sell sheep mob eggs for a high price. Then your players can start their own little farms. The dis-allow vanilla mobs won't auto de-spawn peaceful mobs.
By Rarity
Vikerus wrote:
Rarity wrote:Why not just breed sheep? Sheep still spawn, even in peaceful or with Pixelmon installed.

Also fyi this can actually work. Just sell sheep mob eggs for a high price. Then your players can start their own little farms. The dis-allow vanilla mobs won't auto de-spawn peaceful mobs.

I agree with this. If you are using Pixelmon, CustomNPCs compliments it nicely. Making vendors to sell various items really enhances the experience dramatically. Have a breeder sell eggs for Sheep, etc, and then you can start your own breeding. You don't break your immersion, and you can make cool vendors. I use LegendGear and make all my vendors accept Star Pieces. Star Pieces are Rare, they are not infinite, they only fall from the sky at night, and only limited amounts of them spawn.

They are the perfect currency. Not only that, but they can become powder for cheaper things, or stones for more expensive things, like Master Balls. Obtaining 5 Star Stones would take days of collecting pieces. For large servers, this is even cooler because you never have to worry about people exploiting with xray packs or anything.

Once a Star Piece falls from the sky, it will vanish within 15 seconds, meaning it's always a race to get one, and since they only spawn at night, there's always a danger involved from dealing with enemies.
JOIN THE TEAM