#38065 PokeMafia - 24/7 Survival

Forums: http://forum.teamrook.com/index.php

Server IP:
mc.pokemafia.net

Mumble IP:
75.127.11.202 Port: 54758

Mods Used:
Minecraft Forge and Pixelmon 2.5.7
Both can be downloaded from the Pixelmon page: http://blog.pixelmonmod.com/?page_id=235

And be sure to check out these pictures of the server:
Spoiler:
These images are out of date, Updated images will be coming soon

Info:
- New worlds are now available: You will start in our lobby world and can take a train to the main world or to the Pokepark. The pokepark costs $2000 in game money once and it allows players to go to a separate world to catch Pokemon as the spawn rates have been raised higher than in the main world which reduces lag without loosing out on rare finds
- We have started a new world.
- The 8 new gyms have been built
- The elite 4 is nearing completion
- We have started work on the Battle frontier island
- Gym leaders, Elite 4, the champion and the battle frontier brains have been assigned
- We now have More staff to help new players settle in and assist in any way they can
- We have revamped our forums to allow for Pokemon X/Y trade, battle and friend code exchange chat.
- I am about to start working on a new improved Website
- Donator tiers have been edited to allow players to donate for new commands like /fly
- You are now able to buy random shiny rolls with in game money

If you have played on the server we always want to hear your feedback so we can improve the gaming experience for you. This can be done either here or on our forums

We look forward to seeing you online

RedShadow457
~Pokemafia Team

By RedShadow457
#38982 Ok we have finished a new tournament, unfortunately the entry levels were rather low with however we hope to see more people joining the next ones. Congratulations to our winner:
Spoiler:
By Byers5985
#39040 This server is the reason i play pixelmon every day every time I come onto the server I see friendly people and great trainers. There is no reason I could possibly think of as to why I would ever leave. There is almost always some form of staff to watch over the server. No lag server as i have seen and almost all builds are player built. Plenty of NPC quests to keep you busy for a long time. 8 dedicated gyms with alternates and prizes for each gym win. Currently there are projects being worked on to ensure the maximum amount of play time. There is a Battle Tower and there is also Tournaments held to win prizes and earn fame as you reach your way to the top. Can't wait to see you all here to enjoy the wonderful world of pixelmon. :D
By RedShadow457
Umbreon1110 wrote:Will this update to Pixelmon 2.2 soon? Btw epic server :) Been looking for a quiet survival server

We are waiting for bukkit forge to update then we will update to 1.5.2 and the new pixelmon version, until that time we are remaining on 1.5.1 so that players don't loose their /homes and their protections/claims.

Keeping players happy is a priority and we don't want to force them to risk loosing items
By Losaru
#39106 Well I do have to say that, as a server, it's not too shabby at all.

I really do like the friendliness of the members on the server and because of you guys I was able to renovate an old house and, well, pretty much Thunder Town, although it was just of me wanting to build and catch pokemon.

I also do have some excitement while training in that those I talk to in chat I will be battling for badges some time in the future and it's cute how you have NPCs like Nurse Joy and Gym Guides.

I feel the NPCs do have downsides though. I've found that areas with many NPCs tend to lag considerably and it deters me from entering those areas. Caterpie City is notorious for this I find. It sucks though because that's where some of the quests are and other things.

The quests are cool, although some appear to be broken, such as I can't give water to Micheal no matter how many bottles or times I click him. It's a good idea though and helps to add some spice to the gameplay.

My only other gripe is that I seem to get a lot of 'socket errors' as I call them when playing. That of course could be many things and is not something that could really be controlled.

Overall though, it's a fun server. If areas didn't lag so much, I'd probably be inclined to do a whole walkaround of the land. But the players are friendly and it does feel like I am preparing to go for the championships...well, let's get the badge first. XD
By RedShadow457
Losaru wrote:Well I do have to say that, as a server, it's not too shabby at all.

I really do like the friendliness of the members on the server and because of you guys I was able to renovate an old house and, well, pretty much Thunder Town, although it was just of me wanting to build and catch pokemon.

I also do have some excitement while training in that those I talk to in chat I will be battling for badges some time in the future and it's cute how you have NPCs like Nurse Joy and Gym Guides.

I feel the NPCs do have downsides though. I've found that areas with many NPCs tend to lag considerably and it deters me from entering those areas. Caterpie City is notorious for this I find. It sucks though because that's where some of the quests are and other things.

The quests are cool, although some appear to be broken, such as I can't give water to Micheal no matter how many bottles or times I click him. It's a good idea though and helps to add some spice to the gameplay.

My only other gripe is that I seem to get a lot of 'socket errors' as I call them when playing. That of course could be many things and is not something that could really be controlled.

Overall though, it's a fun server. If areas didn't lag so much, I'd probably be inclined to do a whole walkaround of the land. But the players are friendly and it does feel like I am preparing to go for the championships...well, let's get the badge first. XD

Thank you for giving your opinion, the NPC lag you mentioned doesn't seem to happen to other members that i have seen, when you go into Caterpie City it might be because its a built up area. The only other thing i can say about that is that your pc might not be able to handle it. We had an old player with a very poor pc and she would lag wherever she went aswell. Unless it is client side i dont know what is causing it as the NPCs work fine for other players.

The "broken quests" you are mentioning will be new quests we are currently working on, or we did have a slight fault a few weeks ago but most NPCs are fixed if you find a bugeed NPC like Michael (which i am currently about to go and fix) please report it to an Admin and we will sort it out as soon as we can
JOIN THE TEAM