Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Todo_McG
#3609 So I know you can find leaf stones in trees and thunder in Extreme Hills biomes and water stones under water. So where do I find a fire stone? Is just deep underground near the lava level? Or just generally around natural lava?
And on a related note, can the moon stone be found naturally in the game?

By Tom_X
#3686 Fire stones are below lava itself wether it is in the lava level or not
By Trikan
#4762 I've been able to easily find water, leaf, and thunder stones all around the Overworld, but I didn't know where to find fire stones.

I came to these forums searching for answers and found this post claiming them to be beneath lava. I believe I searched through 20 some lava pools in the Overworld and found -zero- fire stone shards doing so(I may just be the most unlucky fool). I did this by filling the pools in with sand and digging the sand up. This was a insanely tedious task.

I managed to find the fire stone shards I needed by going to The Nether, but even then it was more hassle than it is worth to gather them.

Considering how easily obtainable the other three stones are I think fire should be as easy. Again I might just be really unlucky and somehow went through 20 pools of lava I found nothing. Even if I was just unlucky though I feel forcing people to have to remove lava to access these stones when all the others are practically out in the open for you to grab isn't very fun when you are pursuing fire stone evolutions.
By Tom_X
#4774 I don't know, they should spawn in lava, but the most weird thing is that you found something in the Nether, because nothing Pixelmon is supposed to be there
By Trikan
#4783 Found a whole bunch of them in the Nether, it was just a huge hassle to get them and took a lot of time. Would me finding them there and none in the Overworld be a problem on my part when I installed the mod?

Edit: Uploaded pic.
By Tom_X
#4890 It's actaully strange, as from what I know it was decided to let the Nether and the End apart from now, and I've never heard Mr.M saying they could be encountered there... but it could happen
By TLesniak
#8095 When i farm fire stone shards I just shug a fire resistance potion and dives into the lava of the nether, works wonders. (The potion can't be obtained by normal means in the mod.)
The moon stone can't be obtained by mining like other stones just yet. I'm very confident that they can drop from boss pokemon, however it's not confirmed.
By DragonChef
#8600 i also have the same problem with the fire stone shards only showing up in the nether and only in massive "oceans" of lava making it near impossible to get them by normal means (survival with no potions)

having them in the nether is cool and if you can change the generation so they spawn in the nether generally not just under lava... that would be optimal for me anyways
By SeductiveSmoke
TLesniak wrote:When i farm fire stone shards I just shug a fire resistance potion and dives into the lava of the nether, works wonders. (The potion can't be obtained by normal means in the mod.)
The moon stone can't be obtained by mining like other stones just yet. I'm very confident that they can drop from boss pokemon, however it's not confirmed.

I'm not sure why I never thought of using potions. After mining the shards and having no success (they kept jumping UP into the lake of fire when I was mining it underneath) I just cheated.
JOIN THE TEAM