By NickkyDC
#33930 I dont understand if weve had ryhorns the legendary birds magmar and ect approved or pending since the beginning of janurary why havent we added them yet? Also what pokemon exactly are left of gen 1 at this point? it appears finished to me :P

By lugiaisbeast101
NickkyDC wrote:I dont understand if weve had ryhorns the legendary birds magmar and ect approved or pending since the beginning of janurary why havent we added them yet? Also what pokemon exactly are left of gen 1 at this point? it appears finished to me :P

Well for one they have to set up a poll to see if it should be sent for approval. Two, they may take a while to code in. Three, the birds and ryhorn is added but the birds need a way to spawn. You will see them all next update.
Here's what we need done so far.
Electabuzz- Left so needs to be modeled again
K
Kangaskhan- Suddenly Stopped
M
Magmar- Left so needs to be modeled again
P
Parasect- It's almost done!!!!
Poliwrath- I need to finish it.
Mewtwo- Secret :)
By NickkyDC
#34077 Okay ive been wanting to model something just havent figured it out since everytime i start mine gets taking when im way early in. i will try working on elec and magmar. once all 151 are done will we be updating? i assume thats what the wait has been for. Also i want to try remodeling the mew, no offense to it but it could be much more elegant
By KuryoZT
NickkyDC wrote:Okay ive been wanting to model something just havent figured it out since everytime i start mine gets taking when im way early in. i will try working on elec and magmar. once all 151 are done will we be updating? i assume thats what the wait has been for. Also i want to try remodeling the mew, no offense to it but it could be much more elegant

No matter what, that is something I've said many times, in many places, you can always model what you want. Whatever it is. At first you should post in Beginner model feeback, but you can model whatever it is you want, even if more are being modeled by others. If multiple models of the same pokemon are made, it will be decided by a community vote\poll, that's all. Nothing is stopping you.
But you apparently already know, only gen1 models can be approved as of right now, and until gen1 is totally in-game! Just take a look around, even modelers with their own subforum are starting to make gen2+ models karrybird for example, and nobody stops her, why? Well she does make awsome textures and models, and she also hates earlier gen, mostly if I understood right. But it's also because gen1 is mostly done, AND she knows they won't get approved right now, but made them already for future updates!
So never stop because someone else is making a model too, use that as motivation, a FRIENDLY competition, and don't be afraid to post in feebacks forums, the community is usually nice there (usually because a certain moderator is known to be quite blunt, and his critics are taken badly sometimes, but you shouldn't worry about that, the "negative comemnts" are often deleted, because they have no purpose in making someone a better modeler)
So there you have it, remember to always have fun for whatever it is you're making!
By lugiaisbeast101
#34601 Nah, there's 2 or 3 more to that list which didn't get approved
By NickkyDC
#34641 haha certain moderator you mean spg? ive been lurking for a while plus i had the luxury of playing a server with him for quite some time, im actually fond of spg, much like him im blunt and to the point, i prefer it that way, dont sugar coat it, tell me whats wrong and how to fix it. It makes you a stronger person in my perspective. but then again, i hate being babied when it comes to that stuff :P. I think ill start with mew(minorly easier, plus its been made so its not really going anywhere) i want to improve the pinsir design as well its one i started on a long time ago and stopped mid way because it was finished by like 3 others.
JOIN THE TEAM