By aasherknight
#33538 Well I am pretty much finished with this, so might as well put it up. If you guys see anything incorrect with it please let me know!

Spoiler:

By aasherknight
karrybird wrote:
aasherknight wrote:I'm not even sure how it got deleted either, and I checked the backups but it wasn't there.

Only reason I'm doing the steps is because after countless hours of trying to smooth that head I gave up and went with that XD

i hate to tell you this, but i know how spg is, he would never approve this with the steppy look. just a heads up, so i suggest trying to find another way to go about it.
it also just doesn't look right, porygon has nice smooth surfaces, this technique would never work with it. other pokemon might be able to get away with it, but not porygon.

i had trouble with the head too when i was modeling porygon, so i just went with a texture to cover the sides of the head. not the most practical way to do it, but it sorta works.

I just saw this, I'm changing up the sides of the face so it blends more (I literally was messing around with the pieces I had and found a a way to smooth it XD) Thanks for the heads up karry!
By Jephon
karrybird wrote:
jsnbrown1989 wrote:looking good! Keep it up!

Edit: note that you will be competing against this one for the model to be in the game:
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2859

you got it though. ;)

just to let you know, my model is already in game. i never updated the pics in that topic so yeah it looks pretty bad there. but i did fix everything i could and looks loads better.

I know. I have already been playing with it. :) I worded that badly. I should have said, you have to compete against this model to get in game.

Edit...

Actually it reads about the same. I don't know how I should have worded it... :P
By aasherknight
#33976 Here is what my porygon's new head looks like so far (only have one side done, working on the other side now)

By KuryoZT
#34012 Wow, I'm guessing the strange white square around the eyes are Techne's fault, but that model is awsome.
It's poll time, I think this model is pretty much finished, so...
By SPG
KuryoZT wrote:Wow, I'm guessing the strange white square around the eyes are Techne's fault, but that model is awsome.
It's poll time, I think this model is pretty much finished, so...

It needs A LOT of work, sadly, i wont have my desktop for a bit so i cant provide detailed pics
By KuryoZT
SPG wrote:It needs A LOT of work, sadly, i wont have my desktop for a bit so i cant provide detailed pics

It does? All I can see is:
1.the eyes could have special blocks popping out.
2.The tail maybe you could try something like |\ since it's supposed to be bigger at first, and end thin.
3.The colors, karry might have a word to say on it, maybe.
4.I should never say anything on models, as it appear I'm always wrong, :(
By starscream1333
#34092 One thing that is really bothering me about this model is the head. It just seems like its been stretched out and I feel that it's too long lengthwise. Otherwise, the model looks great and I love the shape of the body
JOIN THE TEAM