By Hypnose
#19129 I love this idea, even more the ideas that it would be very rare and only active when players are nearby. Although being one that likes to live like a Dwarf underground,(not because I can't design building, I'm actually pretty decent at it. It's just easier to live where I find my ores.) this does raise a problem.. On the off chance that this idea is approved would it be possible to make Onix only able to destroy the common underground blocks(such as stone, dirt and gravel) and no others?
I'm not sure if this idea of mine is a good one, I just thought I'd speak my mind.. :)
By SubGenesis
#19141 Some other ideas on the possible ways it could move is; like in the game 'snake' so the rest of the body follows the exact same path as it's head , it's tail spins a bit (like a motor), head smashes up and down (to break stone)

Obviously it couldn't be so complex that older computers keel over and die the moment you find onix :lol: but I'm not really sure what the limits are..

Also what does everyone think about riding onix as a mount to use dig, I can't decide whether it would look cool or too ridiculous (even by minecrafts standards)
By ZeeCount
SubGenesis wrote:Some other ideas on the possible ways it could move is; like in the game 'snake' so the rest of the body follows the exact same path as it's head , it's tail spins a bit (like a motor), head smashes up and down (to break stone)

Obviously it couldn't be so complex that older computers keel over and die the moment you find onix :lol: but I'm not really sure what the limits are..

Ekans has already got an animation, which I'm pretty sure we'll use as the model for all the "serpent" style pokemon. I'll be getting round to doing serpent animations once I'm done with the different wings and tail animations.
By Tom_X
#19349 Actually, I was thinking that it would be rather odd that a circle-shaped Pokemon cleared up a 4x4 or 5x5 square... And Onix's snaky animation will have to be different from the Ekans one; Ekans goes way much to the sides, Onix should travel in a kinda straight path.
By Hiroku
#19697 This may be incredibly lag inducing, so I'd say Mr M's word on this will be rather conclusive
By Underdog
#19717 I really like this whole idea of Onix digging it's own tunnels, but if that would mean too much destruction to the landscape, would it be a possible/good idea to have it spawn in ravines?
By sigvebk
#33324 if it didd destroy the city, wouldent it only make it cool, like onix terror, and maby a bounty to the one that catches or defeats onix ??. im talking about the server ;D
JOIN THE TEAM