Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By LaDestitute
#28254 (Junnin, and such is credited to MagesPages as these are originally his ideas.)
I'm working on a Pokemon FireRed Version rom hack named Pokemon MysticAurelian Version based off of the artwork of MagesPages (later known as PokePages). A gallery of his stuff can be seen here: ( http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#0 and here: http://imgur.com/a/mJ8hT#6 )
Screenshots below, and please excuse the poor quality of some of the gallery art, MagesPages took down his art a few years ago for no known reason and it's now scattered all over the internet. As for anybody wondering about the rights of my usage of his art, he hasn't been around for years. He disappeared around 2008-2009, removed all of his art from his old dA account (aside from the 500x500 pieces scattered around the internet), deactivated his newer dA account, and even shut down his email listed on his new dA account (you get an "invalid recipent" and such), so I'm pretty much in the clear. He's getting credit, of course.

A basic synopsis of Pokemon MysticArelian Version:
*Is set in a new region named Junnin, with +80 new Pokemon. The region is somewhat influenced by Australia.
*The professor's name is Pine, who works in a wild-life reserve and studies Pokemon ecology. Instead of the hero/herione and their rival getting their starter Pokemon from Pokeballs, they instead have hatched from Pokemon eggs and start out at level 1.
*The three starter Pokemon are the Small-Leaf Pokemon Eucuwala (A highly social green koala bear Pokemon, with physical oriented stats), the Swinging Pokemon Kindlemur (An agile lemur Pokemon, with speed oriented stats), and the Fin Pokemon Dimetrus (An aquatic dimetrodon Pokemon, with physical and special defensive oriented stats).
*The main villainous team of the region is named Team Zodiac, and aside from grunts, spies, and scientists, is split into 12 sub-admins based off of the western zodiac and a main admin, based and named after Ophiuchus. They are after the legendary Pokemon Orakey, said to hold all of the answers to the universe. The sub-admins appearances, personalities, and type speciality (if any) are based off of their respective zodiacs. For example, Sub-Admin(s) Pisces are actually male and female twins, specialize in Water and Ice type Pokemon, and have a bad habit of interrupting each other.

Screenshots:
Title screen
So, what's your name, kid?
Charge Town

Sprites:
Professor Pine
Aiden (Hero)
Eucuwala back sprites
Kindlemur back sprites
Dimetrus back sprites
Orakey (mascot/main legendary)

Poll. Input desired!
Spoiler:
1. Which existing starters should stay in the rom hack, Gen I, Gen II, Gen III, Gen IV, or Gen V? What I was going to do was offer two sets of
starters mid-game to late game as six different in-game trades. You can pick one of the six trades, but the rest vanish once you do.
The set you didn't pick is then offered as a reward for a post-game quest.

2. Which Pokemon do you think should stay, if any in particular? Your suggestion(s) doesn't have to be before Generation IV. If you suggest a
Pokemon, should there be any changes made? Like new moves, via egg moves, level, tm, tutor, etc. Base stats, ability changes, balancing, etc.
Nothing un-nessasary though please, constructive changes only. The list below is a reserved slots list, due to pre-evo/new-evo plans based off
of MagesPages' source art:

Tropius (pre-evo)
Aerodactyl (pre-evo)
Murkrow (pre-evo)
Honchkrow (included because previous evolution has a new pre-evo)
Mr. Mime (evo)
Skarmory (pre-evo)
Riolu (split-evo, technically sort of...female versions, like miltank and tauros)
Lucario (split-evo, technically sort of...female versions, like miltank and tauros)
Smoochum (included because it's evolution has a new evo)
Jynx (evo)
Omanyte (evo)
Omastar (evo)
Smeargle (pre-evo)
Tangela (pre-evo)
Tangrowth (included because previous evolution has a new pre-evo)
Sneasel (pre-evo)
Weavile (included because previous evolution has a new pre-evo)
Phanpy (included because it's evolution has a new evo)
Donphan (evo) (might remove, MagesPages drew the art for this as a request, and the requester doesn't support projects that use an artist's work without permission)
Sableye (evo)

3. What should the heroine look like?
Hair style? Hair color? Clothes? Such as what type of shoes? What sort of t-shirt? Any accesories such as like watches?
What color should her backpack be?

4. What should the rival be like and look like?
What should be the default name(s)? What sort of personality? Snooty and cocky like Gen I's rival? Cruel and antagonistic like Gen II's rival?
Friendly like the later generation rivals? A composition/something more complex? Any motives or goals they have?
Any particular past events in their lives?
Hair style? Hair color? Clothes? Such as what type of shoes? What sort of t-shirt? Any accesories such as like sunglasses?

5. See this map below? It has a list of numbered markers, which are unknown/un-named areas.
Any ideas of what each of these areas should be, what sort of Pokemon they have
available (including of the regional dex; http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#0, so please look at that before listing any suggested Pokemon!),
what purpose should they fill, etc? (ignore 21, that's the Junnin Pokemon League)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/589 ... arkers.png

Starter Stats (input desired)
Spoiler:
The following is in review and help/advice would be great.

Eucuwala, so far, is characterized as a physical fighter with semi-poor Special stats, and somewhat above average HP/Speed.
Base stats/Info:
Type: Grass (Later Grass/Fighting)
Ability: Leaf Guard
Leaf Guard
HP: 55
ATK: 68
DEF: 55
SP ATK: 45
SP DEF: 45
SPEED: 50
Total: 318
EVs: 1 ATK EV
Egg groups: Human-like/Field
Starting moves: Scratch, and Leer
Ideal TMs/HMs: Focus Punch, Bulk Up, Bullet Seed, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Toxic, Hidden Power, Protect, Rain Dance, Frustration, Solar Beam, Grass Knot, Return, Double Team, Facade, Rest, Attract and Brick Break/Strength and Rock Smash
===
Kindlemur, so far, is characterized as a fast special fighter with below-average physical stats, and somewhat below-average HP and high base speed.
Base stats/Info:
Type: Fire
Ability: Flash Fire
HP: 40
ATK: 42
DEF: 41
SP ATK: 62
SP DEF: 55
SPEED: 66
Total: 306
EVs: 1 SPD EV
Egg groups: Human-like/Field
Starting moves: Scratch, and Leer
Ideal TMs/HMs: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Hone Claws, Toxic, Hidden Power, Taunt, Protect, Frustration, Return, Double Team, Facade, Flame Charge, Rest, Attract, Low Sweep, Round, Overheat, Fling, Incinerate, Will-O-Wisp, and Acrobatics/Flash and Rock Smash
===
Dimetrus, so far, is characterized as a defensive Pokemon with above-average physical stats, average HP, average speed, and semi-poor special stats.
Base stats/Info:
Type: Water (Later Water/Dark)
Ability: Water Veil
HP: 50
ATK: 50
DEF: 65
SP ATK: 48
SP DEF: 64
SPEED: 45
Total: 322
EVs: 1 DEF EV
Egg groups: Dragon/Water 1
Starting moves: Tackle, and Tail Whip
Ideal TMs/HMs: Hone Claws, Dragon Claw, Water Pulse, Roar, Ice Beam, Taunt, Torment, Fling, Thief, Payback, Blizzard, Light Screen, Shadow Claw, Protect, Reflect, Rain Dance, Dig, Torment, Thief, Snatch and Rest/Surf, Dive, and Waterfall

By LaDestitute
#30340 Image

Big update! Finally finished mapping the home town of my Pokemon rom hack, Charge Town. It's mapped and all but I still have all the scripting/dialog to do.
By lugiaisbeast101
#30936 I'm truly sorry for you not getting any replies, I tried to at least give some feedback, but I have only been introduced to these types of hacks recently and I have little help to give, and this may go for many others. I really look forward to playing this game in the near future, but have you ever posted this on pokecommunity.com ? I'm pretty sure you have but if you haven't, I would advise you to do so as they would provide much more help on this subject. Good luck!
By LaDestitute
#30980 I have already, waiting for my progressing hacks thread to get approved by a mod over there.
By LaDestitute
#31008 Update!
I would work on the next map (the wild-life reserve) but I'm busy learning XSE scripting.
By LaDestitute
#31385 Image

Sorry for not posting any updates regarding my Pokemon MysticAurelian Version rom hack, was busy learning XSE scripting. Anyhow, here are some sprites I recently finished for the region of my Pokemon rom hack, MysticAurelian. These are Junnin's obligatory early rodent and bird Pokemon, Chinchul and Chiquail respectively.
Credit of Chiquail and Chinchul goes to the dA fakemon artist MagesPages.
By LaDestitute
#42405 Sorry for the lack of updates (so very sorry), recently. I'm on a different computer and my situation lately has been...hectic. No fast internet connection (at least until now! :D), Windows XP on this current computer being annoying, my main computer with Windows 7 is fried (but not broken, it's fixable, it's just a dead PSU unit that needs to be replaced), and a little bit depressed over losing a friend last week, to sum up some of the business lately.

From left to right: Hoppiler, Rollip, Suckeeto, Tuttby, and Coyoco.

Anyhow, I'm deciding on what Pokemon should go into the last 30 slots and so far, I have:

#123: Scyther (Bug/Flying)*1
#212: Scizor (Bug/Steel)*1
#285: Shroomish (Grass)
#286: Breloom (Grass/Fighting)
#618: Stunfisk (Electric/Ground)
#222: Corsola (Water/Rock)
#328: Trapinch (Ground)*2
#329: Vibrava (Ground/Dragon)*2
#330: Flygon (Ground/Dragon)*2
#333: Swablu (Normal/Flying)
#334: Altaria (Dragon/Flying)
#041: Zubat (Poison/Flying)
#042: Golbat (Poison/Flying)
#169: Crobat (Poison/Flying)
#167: Spinarak (Bug/Poison)
#168: Ariados (Bug/Poison)
#355: Duskull (Ghost)
#356: Dusclops (Ghost)
#477: Dusknoir (Ghost)
#562: Yamask (Ghost)
#563: Cofagrigus (Ghost)
#218: Slugma (Fire)
#219: Magcargo (Fire/Rock)
#228: Houndour (Dark/Fire)
#229: Houndoom (Dark/Fire)
#324: Torkoal (Fire)
#170: Chinchou (Water/Electric)
#171: Lanturn (Water/Electric)
#179: Mareep (Electric)
#180: Flaaffy (Electric)
#181: Ampharos (Electric)

*1: Scyther/Scizor or Yanma/Yanmega?
*2: Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon or Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus?
*3: I'm tempted to replace Chinchou/Lantern with Pikachu/Raichu, just cause...you know, Pikachu. :D
*4: I'm trying to stay budgeted here with my selection. I'm going for 2 Bug type Pokemon, 2 Fighting type Pokemon, 1 Ground type Pokemon, 1 Rock type Pokemon, 5 Dragon type Pokemon, 5 Poison type Pokemon, 5 Ghost type Pokemon, 5 Fire type Pokemon, and 5 Electric type Pokemon, all based on the type distribution for the regional dex (so far), and what types are most common/rarest. It's below, if you're curious. It counts both single type and dual type Pokemon. I might add more Poison type Pokemon though, since the current number is well...zero. Ouch.

Flying: 19
Grass: 18
Water: 17
Normal: 16
Psychic: 16
Ice: 14
Dark: 13
Steel: 10
Bug: 10
Fighting: 11
Ground: 11
Rock: 11