Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.
By ilovepokemon
Sundial_MC wrote:Ha, my first ever shiny was a legendary :P

It was in Pokemon Emerald, where I just had calmed down Kyogre and Groudon from destroying the world. My pokemon were still around level 50 ~ 60s. After Rayquaza flew away I went back to the Sky Pillar, only to find ugly cracked holes and stuff. I had experience with those cracked holes from the Mirage Tower with the Claw/Root fossil, so I easily got through. I had no idea that there was Rayquaza in it, and I did not check if I had enough balls. I saved, and encountered Rayquaza to a battle.... then... WHOAH HOLY MAGIKARPS, THIS BLACK AND YELLOW RAYQUAZA OMG ITS A SHINYYY AHHH

Then I proceeded to get it down to the lowest HP possible. By that time I had only my HM slave alive, which was my Grovyle I never bothered to level up. In my bag I had like, 40 Poke balls and 40 Great balls, no ultra balls or whatsoever. I think I had to quit/reload for about half a week constantly throwing great balls and no success, until one day I just was spamming the A button and not paying attention. After a while I suddenly was out of battle. I was frightened I might have killed Rayquaza, and proceeded to my PC, then I found the Shiny Rayquaza, caught in a Poke Ball with the nickname AAAAAAA...

Yeah.

thats an interesting experience lol

By The_Nanobots
#29650 To be fair I probably encountered several shiny pokemon in red, but I didn't catch every dang pokemon and trade it to silver to check if it was shiny. Anyways my first and only shiny (not counting gyarados) was a blue-striped basculin I found while I was EV training without pokerus or a power item (I must have killed over 9000 of those darned things.)
By Articuno437
#29717 I found a shiny jynx in platinum. I checked my bag... no pokeballs. I think you would know what my expression was...
By KuryoZT
The_Nanobots wrote:To be fair I probably encountered several shiny pokemon in red, but I didn't catch every dang pokemon and trade it to silver to check if it was shiny. Anyways my first and only shiny (not counting gyarados) was a blue-striped basculin I found while I was EV training without pokerus or a power item (I must have killed over 9000 of those darned things.)

hehe, I bet you already know how, but I used a glitch to get a shiny ditto from my yellow to my gold.
Simple enough glitch, but I guess this one doesn't count he?
Well, this shiny ditto was the first shiny other than gyarados that I got, and forgetting the pokething from D/P/P that helps find shinys, my only other one is zigzagoon in emeraude, was speed lvling my pokes, when I heard the stars's sound, only zigzagoon though, so not much to be happy for. But it's still a shiny!!
By littlebigman123
#29938 Aside from the gyrados and action replays, I've never found a legit shiny in my 4 years of playing pokemon. i just have that type of luck, in my one year campaign of minecraft, ive legit found 20 diamonds..... but piece of advice, anyone will do anything for a shiny dragonite
By Yaseen
Sundial_MC wrote:Ha, my first ever shiny was a legendary :P

It was in Pokemon Emerald, where I just had calmed down Kyogre and Groudon from destroying the world. My pokemon were still around level 50 ~ 60s. After Rayquaza flew away I went back to the Sky Pillar, only to find ugly cracked holes and stuff. I had experience with those cracked holes from the Mirage Tower with the Claw/Root fossil, so I easily got through. I had no idea that there was Rayquaza in it, and I did not check if I had enough balls. I saved, and encountered Rayquaza to a battle.... then... WHOAH HOLY MAGIKARPS, THIS BLACK AND YELLOW RAYQUAZA OMG ITS A SHINYYY AHHH

Then I proceeded to get it down to the lowest HP possible. By that time I had only my HM slave alive, which was my Grovyle I never bothered to level up. In my bag I had like, 40 Poke balls and 40 Great balls, no ultra balls or whatsoever. I think I had to quit/reload for about half a week constantly throwing great balls and no success, until one day I just was spamming the A button and not paying attention. After a while I suddenly was out of battle. I was frightened I might have killed Rayquaza, and proceeded to my PC, then I found the Shiny Rayquaza, caught in a Poke Ball with the nickname AAAAAAA...

Yeah.

OMFG! Thats all ive ever wanted to happen to me my life would be complete with a shiny rayquaza ;(
JOIN THE TEAM