is this model ready to be approved?

100%
N/A
By Karbuncle
#2883 If only we could combined my Body, With your Head/Arm/Leg/Texture, We'd have a perfect Sandshrew :0

By Haunts
#2885 The only thing that bugs me is: it looks to much like a real animal. Try to tone down the shading a bit. But that's just my view on it
By SPG
Haunts wrote:The only thing that bugs me is: it looks to much like a real animal. Try to tone down the shading a bit. But that's just my view on it

*faedesk* really? you dont kill quality of a model, thats just not right, (well, in this case, texture)
By JurroRath
#2891 Right now, the main thing that's buggy me is the head and the thighs, they don't feel as smooth as they could be. Not saying you need to use angled blocks and whatnot, but just simply having a smaller block jutting out of them would go a long way at making them look smoother. Also, and this is a minor complaint, but would it be possible to move him into a standing position, rather than sitting? That might help make him look less chubby. As a final note, the transition from face to muzzle is a bit too sharp, maybe add a larger rotated blocks between the muzzle and the face to make it less jarring? Otherwise, I'm impressed with your skills, and you're an amazing texture artist. Makes me wanna go back and redo my own textures lol. Keep up the good work :3
By karrybird
JurroRath wrote:Right now, the main thing that's buggy me is the head and the thighs, they don't feel as smooth as they could be. Not saying you need to use angled blocks and whatnot, but just simply having a smaller block jutting out of them would go a long way at making them look smoother. Also, and this is a minor complaint, but would it be possible to move him into a standing position, rather than sitting? That might help make him look less chubby. As a final note, the transition from face to muzzle is a bit too sharp, maybe add a larger rotated blocks between the muzzle and the face to make it less jarring? Otherwise, I'm impressed with your skills, and you're an amazing texture artist. Makes me wanna go back and redo my own textures lol. Keep up the good work :3

yeah i kinda agree with the face, i tried a bigger piece like you said but it looked kinda awkward so i just went with this :/
but yeah i see what you mean, and like i said earlier, i probably won't be editing this guy any time soon, but i will apply these suggestions to future models :) (definitely to the sandslash when i get around to making it! : D)
By Boogaluke
#2899 its so kawaii !!!! lol

to be honest, i like it when people try to use the least amount of blocks to make it look like what they are aiming for. maybe pull the legs down so it doesn't look like its dragging its stomach around, and the snout can use an extra block perhaps to make it have that roundish pointy look sandshrew has.

You are most definitely going in the right direction, i just love how it looks !
By Haunts
SPG wrote:
Haunts wrote:The only thing that bugs me is: it looks to much like a real animal. Try to tone down the shading a bit. But that's just my view on it

*faedesk* really? you dont kill quality of a model, thats just not right, (well, in this case, texture)

it's not the quality, it doesn't look like a sandshrew anymore, it's really nice, but I don't think it's a sandshrew anymore
By SPG
Haunts wrote:
SPG wrote:

it's not the quality, it doesn't look like a sandshrew anymore, it's really nice, but I don't think it's a sandshrew anymore

actually, it is quality, when you ask for a lower rez texture it brings down quality, and the texture is fine, the model just has a few problems, and jurro hit the nail on the head, sandshrew is a weird pokemon, he looks easy to make but hard to pull off, this lies 90% in the model and (imo) 10% in the texture just with how the "bricks" look
By MegamanBlue9
#2959 Make it a little more yellow and everyone will be happy.
By Skibb
#2971 You are REALLY hood with HD texture . Wow . Like many people said before , you should redo some textures of the Pokemon already ingame .
JOIN THE TEAM