By zero_breaker
#27218 Hmmm... change the pose of the upper arms, they need to be in neutral position AKA how it looks when Machamp is standing.

By sargeantsimon
#27229 Arms are generally something that is fixed in the animation phase. When modeling, arms are usually stuck straight outward. The animators then reposition them later. Of course, with many of the models, the arms don't move at all, so perhaps having them in position now wouldn't be a terrible thing...

Great work overall, though. I love the detail you put into the texture. Can't wait to see it somewhere where the lighting engine won't black out some of the faces...
By SPG
sargeantsimon wrote:Arms are generally something that is fixed in the animation phase. When modeling, arms are usually stuck straight outward. The animators then reposition them later. Of course, with many of the models, the arms don't move at all, so perhaps having them in position now wouldn't be a terrible thing...

Great work overall, though. I love the detail you put into the texture. Can't wait to see it somewhere where the lighting engine won't black out some of the faces...

no, we changed it again, not sure why, but we did, we want it in a neutral position now (which i disagree with because it makes modeling harder)
By ilovepokemon
#27247 omg, this machamp is AWESOME
By Edeodin
SPG wrote:
sargeantsimon wrote:Arms are generally something that is fixed in the animation phase. When modeling, arms are usually stuck straight outward. The animators then reposition them later. Of course, with many of the models, the arms don't move at all, so perhaps having them in position now wouldn't be a terrible thing...

no, we changed it again, not sure why, but we did, we want it in a neutral position now (which i disagree with because it makes modeling harder)

Yeah I definitely disagree with that too for this very reason. Plus I learned animation with a t-pose. Alright guess I'll lower his arms.
By Yaseen
#27252 oh wow this is awesome
By SPG
Edeodin wrote:
SPG wrote:

Yeah I definitely disagree with that too for this very reason. Plus I learned animation with a t-pose. Alright guess I'll lower his arms.

i know what you mean, thats how models should be animated, but oh well, im not the one that mkaes the calls with these things, i just inform others about it
By Skibb
#27388 Wow edeodin. That's a brilliant model! Just fix the mouth, like other said too, and it'd be ready for approval IMO.
By MrMasochism
#27645 If we were using a proper rigging system then sure a neutral pose would be great but we aren't. We are taking every short cut we can to make this work as well as we can and as quickly. A standing pose works really well for what we are doing, makes animating it much simpler
JOIN THE TEAM