Now, Do you guys think my Mewtwo is ready to be approved?

72%
28%
By lugiaisbeast101
#26684 I'm sorry Dark but these people seem to have trouble reading(not to everyone), instead of half heartedly saying it has no eyes, at least let him know how to texture! It clearly says he doesn't know how! Ok, you have done a basic texture base of Mewtwo, now adding highlights, eyes, noise, etc. is called HD texturing. If you haven't found out how to HD texture, here are some helpful posts.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=141
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1437
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1485
If you still don't know how to texture, you can specifically ask for help here, or on general discussion to help you with your issues.

By lugiaisbeast101
#26693 Ok, now down to the model itself, it will help slightly push the legs inward a bit, and as for the body, the top is much smaller compared to the bottom so I would suggest you make the top slightly longer, not too much though. Then there's a tube on the back of the head that goes to its back, would suggest adding that in. Do that first, then you can work on other minor details if any. Use .5, .6, etc. to do those minor placements, and if you didn't know, you can also use .55, .53, .57, etc. It will show up as .6 or .5 but it still reads that extra number. Then the ears should be a bit wider, basing on this pick, I would suggest you do the same.

lol, sorry for overwhelming you with nitpicks :D Even though I've said all that, you've truly outdone yourself for your first model thus far (If it is), and that isn't just any compliment, I'm serious. Continue at this pace, and you will be able to see your model ingame, one of the top strongest Pokémon!
By darksideJr
#26762 Thank you lugiaisbeast101 for the constructive advice! I did move the chest the in a little bit but it was very slightly any more and the blocks just looked bad. I did move the legs in and you're right it did look way better. And I cant believe I forgot the tube on the back of his head! While I was making the model I told myself not to forget it and that's the one part I did! HAHA!

Let me know what you think of the texturing, it was hard! not the actual drawing part, that didn't take long, it was just the positioning of the tiles that drove me insane! (I swear I reloaded his texture map like 20 times!) Let me know what you think of the eyes, they kind of bug me. maybe they need to be slimmer, to give him a more sinister look, but then again, his eyes open gives him an "Obey me!" look. I don't know.
By gamingnut2
#26770 The eyes kind of dont match the head since its squared have you tried rotating blocks that might help round it a bit. Someone might be able to help you i know karrybird is good with that type of stuff
By darksideJr
#26814 Alrighty! I added a mouth (Or a "jaw" piece) and fixed the eyes to kinda fit his cube head. but I cant seem to load an image, its saying that i've reached my file attachment limit, sooo can someone help me? HAHA!
By GiantVegeta
Jack_Attack12 wrote:
GiantVegeta wrote:theres no eyes in texture

He will get to that eventually, he might want some feedback on it first.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
By darksideJr
#26869 Gah! If you right click the images and click open in a new tab you'll see it. Sorry!
By sargeantsimon
#26874 I personally would prefer to see the eyes in the front, rather than on the sides. Doing this well will likely require altering the model, which could upset the texture a bit. Either way, this is looking good. Keep up the good work!
By fartmasterf
sargeantsimon wrote:I personally would prefer to see the eyes in the front, rather than on the sides. Doing this well will likely require altering the model, which could upset the texture a bit. Either way, this is looking good. Keep up the good work!

I agree. Eyes in the front would be much nicer. Also I see you brought the legs in a bit and it looks better but could still be made a little less bulky. He does have broad hips but not that bad :p this is a great model and I think with a few more tweaks(mainly the eyes) it could? be in the game:)

EDIT: Or maybe his hips could be dropped slightly to allow for a more distinctive mid-section.
JOIN THE TEAM