By Roark196
#25966 I was wondering one day if I should make an attemp on creating a Machamp model, but then I thought of a possible outcome: The evolutionary line would look strange. An example is the Geodude line, you go from a decent looking Geodude, to an amazing looking Graveler, to an Ok looking Golem. I thought it would be inconsistent. Could this be a reason no one else thought of making a Machamp model?

By Edeodin
#25976 Well I think it's more because Machamp is a tough model to make, with the whole humanoid proportions, muscles, and four arms thing. I could see that being intimidating to some people. Plus it could be that the Machop evolution line is just not that popular, so few people would want to put the effort in, but I'm just basing that on it being one of the last Pokemon left to make in gen 1.

I've started on Machamp already with consistency in mind actually. But yeah it could be why no one else is attempting it.
By SPG
Roark196 wrote:I was wondering one day if I should make an attemp on creating a Machamp model, but then I thought of a possible outcome: The evolutionary line would look strange. An example is the Geodude line, you go from a decent looking Geodude, to an amazing looking Graveler, to an Ok looking Golem. I thought it would be inconsistent. Could this be a reason no one else thought of making a Machamp model?

i thought golem looked pretty good, compared to graveler, he looks out of place, sort of, but he is still round and looks nice, so i think they go together well, geodude and graveler dont though
By Jumpyporcupine
#26068 I completely agree to what your saying. These models can look very different from evolution to one another. For example: seel is good (I believe zero made it) and then we go to our dewgong. An amazing rounding fine hd texture son of a gun. The gap in models is infuriating!
And now we have an great rounded charmander, but then two other people did charmeleon and charizard, so now the models look like there from whole different games! I admit some models work like gengar and they suit the evolution line greatly. But a rounded model to a minecraft-like one is a weird take to have. Sorry if this was hard to understand but I couldn't find the right words to describe it.
By SPG
Roark196 wrote:It's good to know someones working on it, and I'm exited to see the next Golem and Geodude models!

i never said they were being remade......
By Roark196
#26340 I understand what you're saying, I think the models should be good, but not TOO good. It's like taking a model from Colleseum or Battle Revolution and placing them in a game with a blocky appearance- they would feel out of place. If the models blend well, like Gengar, I'm all for it. Oh, and sorry SPG, I must have read it wrong.
By SPG
Roark196 wrote:I understand what you're saying, I think the models should be good, but not TOO good. It's like taking a model from Colleseum or Battle Revolution and placing them in a game with a blocky appearance- they would feel out of place. If the models blend well, like Gengar, I'm all for it. Oh, and sorry SPG, I must have read it wrong.

what? make models more blocky, nah, lets make them, you know, good xD screw blocky, it looks bad unless karry sprays texture all over it
By KuryoZT
SPG wrote:what? make models more blocky, nah, lets make them, you know, good xD screw blocky, it looks bad unless karry sprays texture all over it

I totally agree with both things.
It's not because it's minecraft that models should be blocky, from blocks, because we're forced too(?)
And karry does extremely good jobs, with simple models, I wouldn't call them just blocky, simple too.
JOIN THE TEAM