Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By nightius09
#25132 Okay so, I just want to start off by saying I love this mod but I'm also a complete amateur to it and I'm curious on how to obtain food ingame since vanilla mods are off. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

By BamfkingJDM
#25145 Miltanks drops meat.
You can still make wheat farms.
You can still fish and find fish in oceans and rivers.
You can still find watermelon and pumkin seeds.
You can still find mushrooms to make mushroom soups.
You can still make cakes, even though they are lies.
By Airfoil
#25213 For a beginner, find a body of water and never leave it. Magikarp are the easiest source of food, dropping 1-2 per defeat. Plus, Magikarp doesn't know anything but Splash (as long as it is under level 15, which most are) so he can't hurt you.

Fishing Rods are invaluable tools in Pixelmon as well. Because your Pokemon risk drowning when underwater, you can hook Magikarp with them and reel them onto land. Rods also come with the benefit of getting food without the need of Pokemon interaction.
You can get enough string for a rod by defeating only one Caterpie or Weedle.

Make sure you develop a wheat farm as quickly as possible, so you have something to fall back on if your Pokemon faints. However, you will starve before the wheat will fully grow, so you need to get some fish before hand. DO NOT try to challenge Miltank for meat. Miltank are very hardy and powerful, so even if you over level them your Pokemon will probably faint regardless.
By SPG
BamfkingJDM wrote:Miltanks drops meat.
You can still make wheat farms.
You can still fish and find fish in oceans and rivers.
You can still find watermelon and pumkin seeds.
You can still find mushrooms to make mushroom soups.
You can still make cakes, even though they are lies.

posts like these are the reasons we need a like system (i dont want one, but its an example)
By Lettucecow
#26275 im pretty sure miltank drops steak and you can still fish right? Yeah i think thats accurate.....maybe.......i think?
Lets just go with that hmm? :roll:
By Airfoil
Lettucecow wrote:im pretty sure miltank drops steak and you can still fish right? Yeah i think thats accurate.....maybe.......i think?
Lets just go with that hmm? :roll:

Yes & yes.
By Deliant
#27694 Was having the same issue, and found a handy little mod to help. GrowthCraft has an "Apples" mini-mod, which simply allows oak trees to spawn apple blocks. These can be knocked off the tree and eaten. They then produce an "apple core", which you can replant on any tree to get another apple!

Really handy, especially when going hand-in-hand with Pixelmon.

Here's the link to the mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/151 ... s-and-ale/
JOIN THE TEAM