27%
21%
10%
6%
13%
By lugiaisbeast101
Ewcongogamer wrote:I'll touch up by doing the following:

Add a butt cloud
Add the buttons...somehow (tried before its been difficult)
Make the little cloud above the head a bit bigger.
Change the color tones a bit (raikou i hate to say it IS BLACK on its designs)
Try to change the iris point forward (the eyes suck too)

I will post when I have changes :)

Hehehehehehe Kary won't like that comment :twisted:

Just use a lighter version of black or a darker version of another color, helps with making better contrast.

By karrybird
Ewcongogamer wrote:I'll touch up by doing the following:

Add a butt cloud
Add the buttons...somehow (tried before its been difficult)
Make the little cloud above the head a bit bigger.
Change the color tones a bit (raikou i hate to say it IS BLACK on its designs)
Try to change the iris point forward (the eyes suck too)

I will post when I have changes :)

black is an evil color, please do not use it, the official art does NOT use it because of this reason. Image
that is clearly a dark grey and actually very VERY far from black. pure black on a model like this would just be a terrible idea and the end result will look horrible.
By karrybird
lugiaisbeast101 wrote:Hehehehehehe Kary won't like that comment :twisted:

Just use a lighter version of black or a darker version of another color, helps with making better contrast.

ehehe you're right, but i have good reason to hate this color choice, it looks god awful when in contrast with the lighter colors.
By lugiaisbeast101
#22879 :lol: *Wild Kary appears from the bushes*

It's ironic you showed up after I osted that :D but I do know what you mean, art isn't so smooth with colors contrasting so badly, and Ewc be sure to post your progress at the beginning page, I would like to see this model finished.
By JurroRath
#22937 I'd like to point out that it's not black in neither Ken Sugimori's work, the anime, or the sprites. It's just a darkish shade of grey. The only media I've seen where it's mostly black is the generation 2 sprites, and I think that was because each pokemon couldn't exceed a very small number of unique colors, and since they already used black for the outlines, they just decided to use it for the crest as well to free up room for other colors. Would make sense, considering how plain and boldly colored pokemon looked during that generation.
By PixelNerd2002
#23153 That is EPIC!!
By Vikerus
#23285 With the right texture this could be a really nice model with effort.
By Ewcongogamer
#23306 I took everyone's considerations, put alot into the texture really. I added the butt cloud and made the cloud behind the head better. Changed colors to not black and etc. Any comments? :)

Spoiler:
By karrybird
#23312 the eyes still need to be fixed, but the colors are MUCH better.
now see, doesn't that look better than black? :)
By Ewcongogamer
#23315 The problem with the eyes is if I move it any further into the face they look derpy, with the model they are nearly all on the front
JOIN THE TEAM