By fapdos123
#205697 I have quite a few features I would add or change to the Pokédex. I preffer making one single post instead of 9 for every single feature.

1) When a Pokémon changes its form when clicking the arrows, make the sprite also change. (For example, when Venusaur turns into its mega in the Pokédex, the sprite would also show as the sprite of the mega)

2) Making shinies only visible when you catch one. Like with any other Pokémon, you'd have to catch a shiny in order to be able to see a shiny in the Pokédex.

3) Only enabling alternative forms (like megas, pinks, alters, summer, etc) when you catch a specific Pokémon. This could be added to the previous point, but what I'm saying here is that when you catch a Lopunny you'd be able to see its Summer form but not its Shiny form.

4) Making the Pokédex say the evolution method for each Pokémon able to evolve.

5) Adding a filter for "Caught", "Seen" & "Unseen" Pokémon. This'll make the Pokédex easier to fill.

These features would make the Pokédex so much more fun to me at least.

By Mach
#206737 Honestly I think it'd be cool if you could level up the pokedex through catching pokemon. Like at first the only thing the pokedex does is act as a check list. But it gains new features every time you catch a certain amount of pokemon.

Features could include - showing if attacks effectiveness in battle, pokemon tracker (late game) biomes to find pokemon, etc.
By KaideJong
#207850 I agree with all of this except for #3. I think you should only be able to see a Pokémon's form (be it regular, shiny or special texture) once you catch it, without exceptions. This could work better as a config setting though (where you'd be able to choose whether you need to have caught a Pokémon's form to see that form in the dex or not, etc).
By Mike5357
#210461 Definitely agree that these would all be great features! And yes I think only showing a form once its actually been discovered would be the best way to do that but a config option would appease both sides of the crowd
By Adobniis
#212308 When Pokemon Legends Arceus came out, i was thinking the way of completing the pokedex in this opus would perfectly fit the Pixelmon Gameplay and since there is already a lot of updates related to Legends Arceus i though we would get the new pokedex as well.
I understand it might be kinda hard to code but that'd be a cool feature
JOIN THE TEAM