By Kadinu
#211414 With the introduction of both silver and platinum ore, ingots and tools it would be nice to see them be structured like vanilla ore sets.

Currently missing following that logic is aluminum, platinum and silver nuggets.

Why? For one, consistent gameplay logic is always great and having nuggets be added to drops or be used in custom content is a nice addition.

Edit: Vanilla tools (excluding Netherite) can also be smelted down for nuggets, while it tends to be a meager amount it does gel with gameplay. Some mods do take advantage of this structure and are able to recognize it for their own recipes. While this has no major impact on Pixelmon it could help with compatibility.

Another that could benefit from this structure is evolution stones. While amethyst, crystals, rubies, sapphires and silicon currently have blocks, the evolution stones do not. It could benefit the mod. Be it for decorative purposes, storage reasons or for powering beacons.

Thank you for reading this suggestion!

By SKyTheThunder
#211420 I disagree somewhat on the nuggets. While there's not much of a downside to them other than potential clutter, Vanilla also only has nuggets for half its metals. Both Copper and Netherite don't have them, since there's no need for them. Unless you intend to use the nuggets in a recipe like with Gold and Iron, I don't really see a reason to add those.
By Kadinu
#211421 Both copper and netherite are of course both the outliers. Copper doesn't include tools and netherite is used differently. However you made me think why that is the case and one important part is that you can smelt down tools and armors (excluding netherite of course) and I will reflect that back in the suggestion
By 9Tales
#211423 While I don't see aluminum, platinum, and silver nuggets as a necessity, I also don't see why they can't be added. Perhaps some low level Steel-type Pokemon will drop them. Just because the nuggets themselves aren't useful doesn't mean they can't be crafted into those useful ingots. It just makes you have to work a teeny bit harder to get them. Also, there's the smelting-down-armor thing.

Your post gave me an idea. A while ago, I had a dev, TonySax, leave a positive comment on my own suggestion to allow the player to feed iron nuggets to Meltan. If that gets included, then perhaps the player can also feed aluminum, silver, and platnium nuggets to Meltan as well. Maybe each Meltan has a "favorite flavor" and you have to feed it different metal nuggets to find that favorite flavor, which will grant an additional positive effect to Meltan apart from what you get from just feeding it a metal nugget. My thought was that feeding it any metal nugget would increase Meltan's happiness by 1, but feeding Meltan its favorite metal nugget would also restore 10 HP.
JOIN THE TEAM