By 9Tales
#211257 I think there should be some cosmetic for players who report bugs to the bug tracker. There is not much activity on the bug tracker and many bugs have existed in several versions of Pixelmon before they were finally reported and eventually fixed, so a potential cosmetic as a prize for bug reports would encourage players to report bugs that they find.

The actual cosmetic should probably be related to bug catchers. Possible ideas for this cosmetic are a bug catcher straw hat for the hat slot, a bug catcher net worn on the head, a bug catcher net that goes on the back, or the gear for the Samurai from "Challenge of the Samurai". I personally vote the bug catcher straw hat or bug catcher net.

How this cosmetic is earned is up for debate, but I have a few ideas for this as well. I don't want the tracker to get clogged up with duplicate or invalid reports by players trying to get this cosmetic, so one of my ideas for how this cosmetic would be earned is that it is automatically given to players who had a non-duplicate bug ticket get marked as "Fix completed for upcoming version". It could also be automatically given to players who have created X amount of tickets on the bug tracker. It may also be awarded to players manually similar to how the Wiki Cap is awarded.

By TonySax
#211267 Hey thanks for the suggestion 9Tales. This is actually something I've thought about adding once 1.16 rolls around.

Love the suggestions on what the award should be and would like to hear more. My main ideas were similar to the Joltik hat look, but possibly with other Pokemon for different tiers.
By 9Tales
#211270 I like the idea of different tiers. It would make a bug-reporting cosmetic not too far out of reach, but also encourage players to report a lot of bugs.

If you are planning to make different Bug-type Pokemon cosmetics for different tiers, then perhaps a Centiskorch or Volcarona for one of the tiers? Escavalier and Scolipede are also good Pokemon to consider.
By 9Tales
#211280 I'd love to earn an Escavalier helmet or Volcarona wings. Those do sound awesome! :-D

Perhaps for tiers:
1 bug report = Joltik hat
5 bug reports = Bug catcher straw hat
10 or 15 bug reports = Escavalier helmet
20 or 30 bug reports = Volcarona wings
By 9Tales
#211316 I felt the same way as Fig, which is why I kept the Bug Catcher straw hat in my list of four tiers (Joltik hat, Bug catcher straw hat, Escavalier helmet, Volcarona wings). Perhaps the green band on the hat could have its color customized just like you can customize the color of the Trainer hat and sash? Like the default color of the band is green, but I can choose to make it orange, red, black, purple, blue, or whatever other color I want?

Though to be clear, I am definitely also in favor of the Escavalier helmet, Volcarona wings, and other good Pokemon-themed cosmetics. TonySax did mention tiers, after all.
JOIN THE TEAM