By Vikerus
#20756 The roots need to incline from the soil and also into the stem. But other then that I like it.
By Zariu
#20794 huh, to be honest, it looks like you could use some shading on the texture for both your trees. They're just kinda... blobs of purple/pink right now.
By Nxtech
#20847 it will look different when its in minecraft because of its lighting system. also what do you mean by shading? im also going to change the lum of the purple a bit to make it look better. i did this in a hurry
By SPG
Nxtech wrote:it will look different when its in minecraft because of its lighting system. also what do you mean by shading? im also going to change the lum of the purple a bit to make it look better. i did this in a hurry

that doesnt matter id it will look different with how shading is in minecraft, the texture looks plain, and very boring
By Nxtech
#20868 yeah but what i need to know is how to fix it. I literally just went on paint and made a 16x16 bitmap for each object and put a color on it lol. I didn't really expect it to be perfect
By Hypnose
#20925 I like the design as a whole, but I can think of a few things you could do better. I'm not sure what it is but there's something I don't necessarily like about its roots. Also I don't really care for it's texture. It should be less smooth and have more of an organic feel to it. Great job though. I love how it's turning out. :)

Edit: I just noticed that what I had said has already been pointed out by a few others.. My apologies. Anyhow, good luck.~
By Zariu
#20937 look at what made rizardon's work, they have great shading. The lush transition in color made them pleasing to the eye, despite being blocky.
By Nxtech
#20952 Ok I'll try that out but just a heads up, I suck at texturing in 3ds max so it will probably need a few revisions lol
By Dark Prinplup
#23907 i honestly like it how it is. I hope it gets implemented into the game.
JOIN THE TEAM