Forum rules: Do not post bugs or feature requests here! Report bugs to our Issue Tracker and suggestions to Suggest a Feature.

This site is not for solicitation of services or 'purchasing' development. Please do not post requesting side mods/plugins and so on. Your thread will be removed, and you will receive a warning.
By Sundial_MC
kungfumidget wrote:Its just gonna be a mess, the only reason people are doing the less liked ones now if because we have to so that we can move onto the next gen to get their cool pokemon, its just gonna leave us with like 200 pokemon that no one cares about.

I sort of agree with this.
If we are allowed to do any generation we'd like, then we won't really have a "set" goal for us modelers, just to "make as much Pokemon, whatever you like". When the goal is like, for example "Let's finish Generation II this time!", we have a proper, not over 500 pokemon goal, but only 100 pokemon to model. This is just my opinion, but I'm happy if we are able to model pokemon from other Generations after Gen I is finished, because, Ralts evolution line <3

By kungfumidget
Sundial_MC wrote:
kungfumidget wrote:Its just gonna be a mess, the only reason people are doing the less liked ones now if because we have to so that we can move onto the next gen to get their cool pokemon, its just gonna leave us with like 200 pokemon that no one cares about.

I sort of agree with this.
If we are allowed to do any generation we'd like, then we won't really have a "set" goal for us modelers, just to "make as much Pokemon, whatever you like". When the goal is like, for example "Let's finish Generation II this time!", we have a proper, not over 500 pokemon goal, but only 100 pokemon to model. This is just my opinion, but I'm happy if we are able to model pokemon from other Generations after Gen I is finished, because, Ralts evolution line <3

Yeh I dont mind if we do others, but i would prefer it
By karrybird
#20782 i think you'd have to be one of the modelers to understand how horrible it is to go in order (well, for me at least).
it makes me feel sort of trapped, like i'm forced to do a set of pokemon i don't even like. it makes me less motivated, and less likely to put out good models. if i got the freedom to make what i actually like, i could pump out models much more quickly and efficiently.
to be honest, i don't like any pokemon from gen 2 (maybe just furret and murkrow) if i had to sit through another generation i hate, i honestly wouldn't be doing a whole lot, and everyone suffers with the crappy pokemon till we get through it.

so please, i'm begging at this point, going in order is not the way to go. i honestly don't see the harm in this.
By kungfumidget
karrybird wrote:i think you'd have to be one of the modelers to understand how horrible it is to go in order (well, for me at least).
it makes me feel sort of trapped, like i'm forced to do a set of pokemon i don't even like. it makes me less motivated, and less likely to put out good models. if i got the freedom to make what i actually like, i could pump out models much more quickly and efficiently.
to be honest, i don't like any pokemon from gen 2 (maybe just furret and murkrow) if i had to sit through another generation i hate, i honestly wouldn't be doing a whole lot, and everyone suffers with the crappy pokemon till we get through it.

so please, i'm begging at this point, going in order is not the way to go. i honestly don't see the harm in this.

I agree to an extent, I mean its gonna be a total mess because it will be so quick, I think you should be allowed to always make whatever you want, maybe have another subforum for "Other Gen Feedback" So that you dont get shot down as soon as the big guys find out you are making a non current gen pokemon.. They should still be allowed to be approved just not physically put in game, It would make it messy adding random pokemons from each gen
By Sundial_MC
#20793 That. I really agree with that, that there should be a seperate approval and feedback thread.
I mean, if doing Pokemon from the other gens are allowed, I'd put 999% more effort and awesomeness to modelling my favourite pokemon, for example the Ralts line.
By kungfumidget
Sundial_MC wrote:That. I really agree with that, that there should be a seperate approval and feedback thread.
I mean, if doing Pokemon from the other gens are allowed, I'd put 999% more effort and awesomeness to modelling my favourite pokemon, for example the Ralts line.

Yeah and then if we do this, when we do move onto another gen, we will have a load of models to release in one go so, it wont be like yeah we moved onto 3rd gen but you have to wait till we complete some models xD
By Tom_X
karrybird wrote:i think you'd have to be one of the modelers to understand how horrible it is to go in order (well, for me at least).

You actually can make models faster??
Well, I think that, if we put 5 sections for all 5 Gens, it could be done, it would look less nice, but it would motivate more modelers...
By KuryoZT
Tom_X wrote:

You actually can make models faster??
Well, I think that, if we put 5 sections for all 5 Gens, it could be done, it would look less nice, but it would motivate more modelers...

would need only 4 sections, doesn't help much, but it's true
By karrybird
kungfumidget wrote:They should still be allowed to be approved just not physically put in game, It would make it messy adding random pokemons from each gen

grr, this completely goes against what i said XD
i don't want to wait to have my favorite pokemon in game. i see absolutely no way that it would look messy at all, all i'd see are different pokemon dancing around in a pokemon mod. there's no point to doing things in order, it's tedious, increasingly annoying, and many people want to see pokemon that aren't in the gens we're on.

and what's the point of making the models if i have to wait a year or so to get them in game? 'cause you know that's how long it will take to finish the next gen.
By karrybird
Tom_X wrote:You actually can make models faster??

hah, maybe i should rephrase; i would actually be happy making pokemon models. and really, i'm not happy being forced to working on pokemon i don't like.
JOIN THE TEAM