By Anorak2023
#207947 You really need to add an option to allow gen z-moves, mega and dynamax to all be used instead of having to pick. That way you get to stay faithful to the games and players get to have fun however they want. I can assure you that not adding this will lose many players, but it is your mod so you can make that decision

By Anorak2023
#207964 Yes, I know. What I suggested was an option to allow them together as well as an option to keep them exclusive so your mod can be as faithful as you guys want it and as fun as the players want it. Just let the players pick if they want pure fun or faithfulness to the games
By aibireo
SKy2008 wrote:Mega/Z and Dynamax have not appeared in a game together, so keeping them mutually exclusive is faithful to the games.

Don't you think it's a little ironic that this is a fan-game that has every aspect of pokemon across all the games in it at the same time though?

If it's about competitive implication I think an option to turn it on/off or even a battle option is very fair.
By proclarushtaonasat
SKy2008 wrote:Mega/Z and Dynamax have not appeared in a game together, so keeping them mutually exclusive is faithful to the games.

I understand the logic behind your argument, BUT by that logic, we shouldnt be able to craft pokeballs either, as you couldnt do that in the games.

In the spirit of creating a cross game experience, being able to combine things from different games should be possible. Not necessarily for gym fights or stuff like that, buf for just for fun fights we should at least have the option.
By Anorak2023
#208039 My point exactly! There are so many things in pixelmon that aren't possible in the real games, why not allow one more that would be so much fun?
By proclarushtaonasat
Anorak2023 wrote:My point exactly! There are so many things in pixelmon that aren't possible in the real games, why not allow one more that would be so much fun?

yup, also just because two features havent been in a game together, doesnt mean that theyre mutually exclusive. Like, there are pokemon that you cant transfer to sword and shield, does that mean that you cant have weedle and eternatus on the same team, since they were never in the same game?
In every game where you could obtain z-crystals you could always use them, so having a z crystal on a pokemon, but not be able to activate it, since youre having a dynamax thingy doesnt really make sense.
I mean mega evolution and z crystals cant be used on the same pokemon, since it can only hold 1 item at a time, and i understand not being able to megaevolve or use z-moves while dynamaxed, but using a z-move in round 1 and dynamaxing in round 2 should be possible, at the very least on different pokemon.
There are clauses to prevent op stuff from being used in some battles, so i have nothing against adding clauses to limit gimmicks, but not giving us the ability even in just for fun fights where both players agree to allow that, is really a d-move
By proclarushtaonasat

FYI mega evolution and Z moves have appeared in a game together: Rayquaza can mega-evolve by using the move dragon ascent, without having to hold a mega stone. it wont megaevolve, if its holding a Z-crystal, but it is possible to have an Eevee use extreme evoboost and baton pass it to mega rayquaza. so we know for a fact, that mega and z moves can be used on the same team, just not on the same pokemon. so being unable to do at least that is NOT faithful to the games. we have not seen dynamax coexist with other gimmicks, but its likely, that a pokemon holding a z-crystal or megastone cant dynamax, but if you should be able to have 1 pokemon megaevolve, 1 use a z move and one dynamax.
JOIN THE TEAM