Is elekid ready to go to gen 1 model feedback?

73%
8%
N/A
19%
By Tom_X
KuryoZT wrote:I don't understand how you guys see this as round, I might just be stupid or blind, but still, it's just a block isn't it?

Of course it's a block, it's really hard to make something round out of squares, but if you add a couple little squares to the sides of a square it gives the semi-illusion of roundness. but yeah, it's not even close to round.

By Jumpyporcupine
KuryoZT wrote:I don't understand how you guys see this as round, I might just be stupid or blind, but still, it's just a block isn't it?

Here's a better pic. Image
By KuryoZT
#19147 It's a square, with another square.
Well, I shouldn't expect anybody else to do a sphere like Omerta did with Gengar, lol, should I?
By Skibb
KuryoZT wrote:It's a square, with another square.
Well, I shouldn't expect anybody else to do a sphere like Omerta did with Gengar, lol, should I?

Some other people can do so too ;) It's very time-consuming though.
By KuryoZT
#19164 time consuming, it's also very hard to make them join. When I tried, I ended up not with a circle, but an egg-shaped somehing. And that was only an example, I know others can too, but gengar just poped in my mind.
By Skibb
#19170 Yea, I started on Poliwrath with omertas style. But someone else is already close to finishing it, so I kinda lost my motivation to work on it. But it worked well, just like I said, it's time-consuming.
By Jack_Attack12

That is a terrible thing to say! You should be criticizing and telling them good points. instead of just saying its a square why not try and tell him how to improve it?.... Rant over....

But beside from that your doing a really good job! Your texture is amazing and i think this model is coming along fantastic! But instead of using a full block the curve it, why not make the position of that block 0.5 going back? So its less of a block. Good job, your a great modeler! : )
By KuryoZT
Jack_Attack12 wrote:

That is a terrible thing to say! You should be criticizing and telling them good points. instead of just saying its a square why not try and tell him how to improve it?.... Rant over....

I was just asking, because that's how I am. And just telling good points isn't gonna help anybody, you also have to mention the bad ones, even if you look like a bad guy.
I also never said it was a bad model, just that I didn't see it the same way.
As for improvements, if I don't know what to say, I'll say nothing, because I hate saying things without knowing about them (sometimes I say wrong things, maybe, but when I say them, I believe them to be true)
To finish on a good note, it's really a good model, the texture looks fine to me, but as said earlier, his arms look a bit short, since they're supposed to go all the way to his feet.
There, and I'm sorry if I sounded mean or anything, I didn't mean it that way (man, these come alot lastly)
By Jack_Attack12
KuryoZT wrote:
Jack_Attack12 wrote:
I was just asking, because that's how I am. And just telling good points isn't gonna help anybody, you also have to mention the bad ones, even if you look like a bad guy.
I also never said it was a bad model, just that I didn't see it the same way.
As for improvements, if I don't know what to say, I'll say nothing, because I hate saying things without knowing about them (sometimes I say wrong things, maybe, but when I say them, I believe them to be true)

Telling good points is not going to help anybody? When he hears good points it motavates him. That excuse is just lazy. And i never said you said it was a bad model. How would you feel if you made something and i said it dosnt look like it. Its a block. No, you wont like it. Take peoples feelings into consideration next time. Now were going off topic.
By Jumpyporcupine
#19289 Alright everyone I have some reasons why I made elekid like this. I increased the arm length quite a bit but not down to his legs/feet. Why? Because I really want elekid to get ingame and if elekid needs animation, he should spin his arms around as said in the pokèdex. Also I'm basing the arms off of the game sprite which isn't as long as in the anime.

And the blockiness of elekid is due to my newity of techne and I'm only learning how to transfer textures over to different blocks while keeping the overall theme. But don't get me wrong, I can be good at textures But to put them on blocks? Not so much. Once I get better at techne I will make him round.

But the final question remains, is he ready to go to gen 1 model feedback?
JOIN THE TEAM