Is elekid ready to go to gen 1 model feedback?

73%
8%
N/A
19%
By karrybird
#18611 yeah, he's way to flat. he's supposed to be more like a little ball shape rather than a pancake.
the arms/hands need to be much, much bigger as well. look at the art here.

his arms are pretty big realtive to his body size.
and the yellow should be a lot lighter as well based on this pic.
it also appears that you have left out the little "teeth" on his mouth shape. the eyes being uneven is also a little off putting as well.

By Jumpyporcupine
karrybird wrote:yeah, he's way to flat. he's supposed to be more like a little ball shape rather than a pancake.
the arms/hands need to be much, much bigger as well. look at the art here.

his arms are pretty big realtive to his body size.
and the yellow should be a lot lighter as well based on this pic.
it also appears that you have left out the little "teeth" on his mouth shape. the eyes being uneven is also a little off putting as well.

Like this? Image

Are you sure that's elekids color? I've only seen that shade in Ken Sugimori's drawings and it's darker in the anime/games.Image
Actually elekid has had many different shades. http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/elekid#
By SubGenesis
#18681 The eyes are wider than the mouth in the pictures whereas it's the other way round for your model also the arms need to be bigger and the body rounder on the top and bottom as well as the sides,
Other than that this is coming along really well!
By Seongyun
#18686 It is Good but i think it needs to be more fatter (the side) and the yellow needs to be more brighter and last thing the arms needs to be a little more bigger!
But beside that It is perfect :)
By karrybird
#18698 yes i understand that sugimori art is lighter than others, but it is much more pleasing to the eye when they are the colors i suggested. which is why sugimori choose the colors in the first place!

but please, the arms need to be bigger, and the body fatter.
By Jumpyporcupine
karrybird wrote:yes i understand that sugimori art is lighter than others, but it is much more pleasing to the eye when they are the colors i suggested. which is why sugimori choose the colors in the first place!

but please, the arms need to be bigger, and the body fatter.

OK, I'll make the arms larger and all but I still don't think that's the color. You see that's a drawing of elekid so it's only lighter in that one drawing (and sometimes other games). But right now he looks like a sick gopher :mrgreen:
By Jumpyporcupine
SubGenesis wrote:The eyes are wider than the mouth in the pictures whereas it's the other way round for your model also the arms need to be bigger and the body rounder on the top and bottom as well as the sides,
Other than that this is coming along really well!

i'll work on it. I'm also redoing the eyes because elekid is suppose to be a cute pokemon. And the mouth is screwed up so that will also be fixed as well .
By Jumpyporcupine
#18899 All right I took everyone's suggestions and it made a WORLD of a difference. Here's the result.
By Tom_X
#18921 Now that's a good Elekid, it looks fine to me. But maybe Karry's expert eye can see some wrong things in this that I can't...
By KuryoZT
#18922 I don't understand how you guys see this as round, I might just be stupid or blind, but still, it's just a block isn't it?
JOIN THE TEAM