By SubGenesis
#18839 Now that onix has finally been modelled I thought it would be a good idea to have onix be able to 'burrow' through Walls since onix would otherwise fit very poorly into caves due to it's size

For example you might stumble across an onix emerging out of the side of a cave, and then probably burrowing into another

If you added particle effects To where it was entering or emerging from a wall and made onix vibrate it could look quite good

I'm posting this cause I don't otherwise see how an accurately sized onix could fit into a cave system
Properly

Edit: every one likes the idea of destroying blocks while tunelling but not the aftermath so how about when onix destroys a block (best if it can only destroy smooth stone) the blocks are replaced by a block that is identical to an air block however they slowly decay back into smooth stone (much like how leaf blocks slowly decay into air blocks but this would be the other way round) and also when onix moves through actual air blocks nothing changes.

By karrybird
#18844 i really like this idea! it would be kinda cool to explore the 'caves' made by an onix :)
of course, if it would have this ability, i think it should be a very rare spawn since i can't imagine the amount of lag it would cause.
By Pokenerd8
#18867 i really love this idea. +support
By SubGenesis
karrybird wrote:i really like this idea! it would be kinda cool to explore the 'caves' made by an onix :)
of course, if it would have this ability, i think it should be a very rare spawn since i can't imagine the amount of lag it would cause.

karrybird wrote:i really like this idea! it would be kinda cool to explore the 'caves' made by an onix :)

Yeah 'hunting' for an onix by following it's caves would be cool; they should be only like 1 block wide! Also onix should ONLY be active when your near it, like a spawner, and for a while after onix spawns (to make an initial cave) so as to stop onix eventually making the land look like French cheese :lol:

Oh and I guess it would loose this ability once caught
By karrybird
SubGenesis wrote:Yeah 'hunting' for an onix by following it
's caves would be cool; they should be only like 1 block wide! Also onix should ONLY be active when your near it, like a spawner, and for a while after onix spawns (to make an initial cave) so as to stop onix eventually making the land look like French cheese :lol:

making the caves one block wide makes absolutely no sense since onix is freaking huge.
By Tom_X
#18894 I like this, but my old-laggy-as-hell pc doesn't...
By SubGenesis
karrybird wrote:
SubGenesis wrote:Yeah 'hunting' for an onix by following it
's caves would be cool; they should be only like 1 block wide! Also onix should ONLY be active when your near it, like a spawner, and for a while after onix spawns (to make an initial cave) so as to stop onix eventually making the land look like French cheese :lol:

making the caves one block wide makes absolutely no sense since onix is freaking huge.

Lol my bad, I forgot he's actually really wide as well
derp
By karrybird
emerald_ice wrote:What about on servers? Like, let's say there was an underground city. If an Onix were to spawn down there, wouldn't it possibly grief it?

you can turn mob griefing off as far as i know, and it would only affect smooth stone and possible gravel and dirt. so it shouldn't do a whole lotta damage in actuality.
JOIN THE TEAM