By Overreactedosbol
#184007 I tried making an omanyte model, and it turned out pretty well. Now I'm in need of some feedback before I start the texture, so give me your best. ;-)

Omanyte by Overreactedosbol on Sketchfab

By Il_Lupo
#184075 I think there's too many faces, perhaps? A lot of triangles all over the place which isn't fun for animation, plus sends the facecount skyrocketing. It's otherwise nice and smooth, in my opinion, and quite nice. Maybe the shell could be lowered a bit in the back (the whole swirl) so it doesn't look so tall.
By Overreactedosbol
#184128 Thanks for the feedback! I'll try my best to adjust it.
By Scrotty
#184160 Looks like an edited ripped model imo. Same pose as the rip, your first upload to your sketchfab account which was made the same day and full of tri faces.
By bvanseghi
#184178 Following Scrottys analysis, I compared this model to a Nintendo made model, and it is too similar in my opinion. This feels ripped.
By Overreactedosbol
#184220 Fortunately I can guarantee you that the model isn't ripped. I based the model on screenshots of the official one, isn't that allowed? I can give you a comparison of the two if you want, but I'm not sure whether posting screenshots of the official model is accepted on this forum.

As for it being a fresh sktechfab account, this is the first time I'm actually trying to make a model, as I previously worked with techne but now I wanted to switch to Blender. Sorry if it caused any suspicions but please this is most definitely not a ripped model.
By Il_Lupo
#184241 Pretty sure it isn't ripped. References are allowed, and suspicion isn't a healthy first attitude to have towards potential new models.

May I see some of the techne models you've made? Can be through PM if you want.
By Scrotty
#184242 There's always room for doubt. SPG themselves made a tutorial showing the usage of references of the actual ripped model so it is allowed and I mean, no one could tell you that you can't model a certain way. However, it's part of the modeling basics that you do not make the model with tri's if the model is going to be animated which basically every modeler out there knows and I assume this guy would know that too if they made a model of that quality.

Which makes the possibility of this being legit fairly low imo. It's more likely to be an edited rip model. Because how would you get this result if you were using a reference?

Again, though, just my opinion.
By Il_Lupo
#184253 That is a good point... however, the modeller mentioned that they have been using Techne up until this point. There's no triangles in those models :P and though I've been modelling for a while, I still have to use triangles to fill in difficult holes in the mesh occasionally.
By Overreactedosbol
#184467 Yeah Im the one responsible for putting the current tangela model in the game, and as Im completely new with blender I have no idea of the difference between triangular faces and others and what the consequences are concerning animations. Ill show other techne models as soon as I get back on my pc.
JOIN THE TEAM