By KSin

Pixelmon - Golbat by Kun-Sin on Sketchfab

I wouldn’t say this is the final version yet because I’m still working on the bones and you never know if you’ll find something that needs changing. Feedback appreciated!

Flying animation:

Pixelmon - Golbat Fly (V.1) by Kun-Sin on Sketchfab

By bvanseghi
#179521 #2 looks better.
Golbat's top lip should be a bit downward.
The body should be a bit more bean shaped, not rectangular.
The bottom lip needs more of a curve downward.

Everything else looks great, 8/10. It is really hard to tell without a texture though.... I wouldn't suggest going for an approval without a texture.

EDIT: Added an image to reference.
Attachments
250px-042Golbat.png
250px-042Golbat.png (44.16 KiB) Viewed 962 times
By KSin
bvanseghi wrote:#2 looks better.
Golbat's top lip should be a bit downward.
The body should be a bit more bean shaped, not rectangular.
The bottom lip needs more of a curve downward.

Everything else looks great, 8/10. It is really hard to tell without a texture though.... I wouldn't suggest going for an approval without a texture.

EDIT: Added an image to reference.

*OP updated*

Not sure what was better about the 2nd one, they were both the same model with only the teeth on the second one being smaller as Female's have smaller teeth than Males.

Tweaked the upper and bottom lips, is it better?

The body bends when the model is animated, this is a T-Pose.

I did make a basic texture awhile back, guess I forgot to update it. Thank you for the feedback.
By bvanseghi
#180250 Hi! I am quite busy at the moment, on vacation! I'll be back Sunday night (5pm EST) to review your model! (I caught a glimpse at it and it looks good but I'll have to see it in full depth later)
By KSin
#180432 As I was editing the texture I started to get the feeling that I should scrap the entire thing and start over.
By bvanseghi
#180454 Scrapping models isn't a good idea, rather change it as you go. :)

What was so bad about it that made you scrap it? I thought it looked okay.
By KSin
#180459 First problem was the texture, after making the changes to better shape out the ear every attempt to draw the ear came out with an ugly distortion. I also couldn't think of a way to fix it. It's also nearly 900 faces big for a bat. I feel like I could probably do better if I started over.

Possibly even in Blender. This was made in Maya, however I just wanted to learn something I can be more reliant on in the future. This will unfortunately result in this going into hiatus so I can watch tutorials and practice though.
By bvanseghi
#180462 Maya?? Most modelers I know use Blender, myself included.

Perhaps it may be best to start over then. Well, I support modelers with their models, if you haven't noticed. So, I'll be around. When you're ready to show your revamped model, shoot me a pm?

Good luck to you.
By bvanseghi
#180478 Oh! The ears are indented my friend, that's probably why they came out weird for you. The ears go inward.
By KSin
bvanseghi wrote:Oh! The ears are indented my friend, that's probably why they came out weird for you. The ears go inward.

This was fixed after that version was uploaded. I mean, I could continue tweaking it but the face count and other things still bothers me.
JOIN THE TEAM